So much Orphek Atlantik V4 inspiration! Here's how they did it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@randyBRS do you think two compacts with 2 48 inch or blue plus bars would cover a 48x24x24 sps tank. Would be replacing a 48 inch giesmann infiniti. Just curious.

We haven't tested the Orphek LED bars, so it's hard to say how much par they'd be adding. Looking at the specs for the OR3 bars on paper, my gut is that you'd probably get very close to the lower range SPS par levels that we're looking for, but I couldn't tell you definitively. Regardless of the par, the bars would certainly help provide some better coverage vs the two compact fixtures alone.

MadeForThat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the lights @Bulk Reef Supply ! While I don't have a tank even remotely large enough to use them, I am very proud to say I have 2 of these signed by the BRS guys! Someday I will have a place that needs a 200g reef, but for now my 20g will have to get my colonies going
IMG_20201008_223233.jpg

Snapchat-670213239.jpg

Tuffloud1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like my single orphek unit. App is terrible but the light is great. Thinking of adding 2 blue plus t5 bulbs one front and one back of the unit. Anyone have supplemental T5s on theirs? Wondering if they can be mounted to the orphek tank mount somehow which I am using.
Also wondering if anyone has added T5’s and what kind they are using to supplement the Atlantiks.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 41 57.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 20 28.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back