So much Orphek Atlantik V4 inspiration! Here's how they did it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef2Reef is FULL of awesome looking tanks with Orpheks over the top of them.

So much so that we needed to test it for ourselves to figure out how so many reefers are having success using them!

Today we test the full size Orphek Atlantik V4 in our BRStv Investigates light testing roundup.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I dont think i'd use any other lighting on my Big tanks. I have 5 Atlantiks and 4 Bars and No regrets

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
No disco ball effect on the sand? I just installed mine and get dizzy looking at tank. But when I put all my pumps into feed mode, it does look great...
Nope. As long as they are tuned correctly, light will be focused on different levels of tank. I do agree with BRS channel 2 & 3 settings.

Kjeldh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if the Orphek Atlantik V4 can be mounted with an Ecotech RMS mounting kit

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Does anyone know if the Orphek Atlantik V4 can be mounted with an Ecotech RMS mounting kit
I doubt it as it has a post on each corner and a vertical track .

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Switched my program to the BRS settings. I had been peaking the whiter channels at 80% to the blues 100% for a few hours but the brs settings do look better. I extended the photoperiod to account for the lower par.

odstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Switched my program to the BRS settings. I had been peaking the whiter channels at 80% to the blues 100% for a few hours but the brs settings do look better. I extended the photoperiod to account for the lower par.
Do you mind sending me a screen shot of your settings through the 4 channels. Thank you

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you mind sending me a screen shot of your settings through the 4 channels. Thank you
Here you go!
1:60%
2 and 3:100%
4:20%

EB66CDD4-6D80-49FF-863B-21B8FF9FC338.png
AE1BF7E3-5DCC-4A97-8508-12F639DD50FD.png

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like my single orphek unit. App is terrible but the light is great. Thinking of adding 2 blue plus t5 bulbs one front and one back of the unit. Anyone have supplemental T5s on theirs? Wondering if they can be mounted to the orphek tank mount somehow which I am using.

AKReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe this is more of a lighting spectrum, but I prefer the look when channel 1, 2, & 3 are equal (from the original BRS orphek video). As long as your settings for 2 & 3 are high (trying to replicate T5 output), will the addition of a higher channel 1 output have a negative effect on the corrals? Not sure if my question makes sense.

In other words, the blue light spectrum is what promotes coral growth comes from channel 2 & 3. Does the addition of other spectrum (channel 1 & 4) detract from the wavelengths generated from 2 & 3? I would think not, since the wavelengths visually blend together to produce the colors we see. It's not like the combine to produce a new wavelength. I could be wrong, it's been a long time since I took physics.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe this is more of a lighting spectrum, but I prefer the look when channel 1, 2, & 3 are equal (from the original BRS orphek video). As long as your settings for 2 & 3 are high (trying to replicate T5 output), will the addition of a higher channel 1 output have a negative effect on the corrals? Not sure if my question makes sense.

In other words, the blue light spectrum is what promotes coral growth comes from channel 2 & 3. Does the addition of other spectrum (channel 1 & 4) detract from the wavelengths generated from 2 & 3? I would think not, since the wavelengths visually blend together to produce the colors we see. It's not like the combine to produce a new wavelength. I could be wrong, it's been a long time since I took physics.

I think BRS is only trying to match blue plus spectrum since it’s well proven. Orphek says all spectrums at the same output is best for growth and others run leds much whiter as well with great results, so there is no reason to think this brs spectrum is better for growth or color, just that it Is closest to matching the time tested blue +

AKReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think BRS is only trying to match blue plus spectrum since it’s well proven. Orphek says all spectrums at the same output is best for growth and others run leds much whiter as well with great results, so there is no reason to think this brs spectrum is better for growth or color, just that it Is closest to matching the time tested blue +

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. They were just picking the "gold standard" to emulate, not necessarily saying other settings don't work. Thanks.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back