So, the new Wave Engine... I Love it with a Capital "L"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Glad to see they are out. I’m looking forward to picking one up for my 250. @CoralVue really interested in that new controller!! Me and my Apex don’t exactly play nice all the time .

Cool! I am looking forward to trying that out as well. I think it will be great on my little display actually. Current not running any controller of any sort on there but a rusty old medusa temp control lol.

zach_discus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool! I am looking forward to trying that out as well. I think it will be great on my little display actually. Current not running any controller of any sort on there but a rusty old medusa temp control lol.
I sold my Apex and switched to a Milwaukee ph/orp controller, commercial heat/chiller controller and 3 dj power strips. I hope they release it for Christmas’s

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found this thread & I have a question about the WiFi part. What happens when the wifi signal from your router drops.

Carlos@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found this thread & I have a question about the WiFi part. What happens when the wifi signal from your router drops.

The App can communicate with the WaveEngine via the cloud (internet) or locally via your WiFi network. It means that the WaveEngine needs a WiFi connection for it to communicate with the app. If you lose WiFi, the WaveEngine's local memory will continue to run the schedule you defined.

The best thing to do is to connect your router and modem to a UPC. It means that in the event of a power outage, you will still have WiFi and internet access in the house.

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The App can communicate with the WaveEngine via the cloud (internet) or locally via your WiFi network. It means that the WaveEngine needs a WiFi connection for it to communicate with the app. If you lose WiFi, the WaveEngine's local memory will continue to run the schedule you defined.

The best thing to do is to connect your router and modem to a UPC. It means that in the event of a power outage, you will still have WiFi and internet access in the house.
I think your answer gave the correct info but my question was when the WiFi signal just drops what happens, My stuff is on a UPS & I have a generator so not worried about power outage. I have Comcast & the WiFi signal just drops intermittently varying from day to day.
Thanks for answering

Last edited:

Carlos@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your answer gave the correct info but my question was when the WiFi signal just drops what happens, My stuff is on a UPS & I have a generator so not worried about power outage. I have Comcast & the WiFi signal just drops intermittently varying from day to day.
Thanks for answering

If you lose WiFi, you will not be able to connect to the WaveEngine and change things. The WaveEngine will continue to run as it should but you would not be able to connect and change things around.

Back