So we signed a contract for the NEW R2R Marketplace!

Are you excited to try out the new R2R Market?

• YES

Votes: 491 84.1%
  • NO

Votes: 93 15.9%

• Total voters

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It definitely sounds interesting.

I am curious though, why are some of you against PayPal?
They have frozen my account twice now and I have lost over $300 due to issues with them.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Rev, I remember before you said it was going to be very expensive and the forum was going to need a cut to help pay for it. I see there is no fee but how is it going to get paid for now? Is there something other than a “fee” that sellers are going to have to pay?

This new “version” of you will is going to be less intricate but still with a ton of features and room to grow into more. It’s considerable cheaper. We will offer ways for people to make a donation and to highlight sales if they wish.

Is the verified seller banner going to be given to anyone who has successfully sold items in the past ( like the last year) or only people who list after this update goes live @ @revhtree

There will be a way to get verified after one sale.

Salt1972

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't voted because I don't understand. Is R2R becoming an online retailer? Why would R2R have interest in sales? --- Maybe I'm wrong, but there's an old German proverb that translates - the main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing. R2R is a community forum with information, sharing, and learning. What problem is this solving?

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I haven't voted because I don't understand. Is R2R becoming an online retailer? Why would R2R have interest in sales? --- Maybe I'm wrong, but there's an old German proverb that translates - the main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing. R2R is a community forum with information, sharing, and learning. What problem is this solving?

No way we’re becoming a retailer! We’re just bringing tools for people to sell their Corals and used equipment better. Our sponsors will be able to use the tools as well if they choose. We won’t be selling anything but swag!

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like this, as I do like the features of this forum offers in all categories.

That said, we can probably all agree as it to not dominate R2R, like keeping it in its own forum folder, posts / threads not being on top of all new threads.

I personally use the app a lot and don't want to filter through F/S threads, (unless I want to go to the folder), to get my normal dose & fix of info, build, & conversation threads multiple times per day.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like this, as I do like the features of this forum offers in all categories.

That said, we can probably all agree as it to not dominate R2R, like keeping it in its own forum folder, posts / threads not being on top of all new threads.

I personally use the app a lot and don't want to filter through F/S threads, (unless I want to go to the folder), to get my normal dose & fix of info multiple times per day.

Threads and order of threads will all operate as normal. You’ll only really see the difference if you decide to click into the market area. We’re not turning into EBay here just adding more features for those that do want to sell and buy.

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Threads and order of threads will all operate as normal. You’ll only really see the difference if you decide to click into the market area. We’re not turning into EBay here just adding more features for those that do want to sell and buy.
Awesome.

I do buy from both private and vendors here a lot. So I like to visit when I get the ich, but am not solely here for it.

Now we just need "fake" receipt generator so I can continue my..... this 15 frag pack only cost $25.00....here is the receipt..... j/k my wife don't care.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome.

I do buy from both private and vendors here a lot. So I like to visit when I get the ich, but am not solely here for it.

Now we just need "fake" receipt generator so I can continue my..... this 15 frag pack only cost $25.00....here is the receipt..... j/k my wife don't care.

Haha!

LDH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any thought to Country specific market places? This idea is awesome but I can’t ship coral to the U.S and vice versa. I’d love to be able to give it a go if there was a way to identify the country you are able to buy and sell from.

Cheers!

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This new “version” of you will is going to be less intricate but still with a ton of features and room to grow into more. It’s considerable cheaper. We will offer ways for people to make a donation and to highlight sales if they wish.

That sounds really good! A lot of people were worried initially about the cost to sell, as we were under the impression the old marketplace was going to be completely removed.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Buyer/seller success and safety are key. This program looks promising. Im a little on edge with fund access unless deemed safe but the search will be helpful and the feedback just as on EBAY will benefit known and reliable sellers.
Of course this gets rolled out when im practically out if items to sell LOL..
I wish there was a science to controlling low-ballers. Many out there are forgetting or disregarding the high cost of shipping. Its a huge impact along with Paypal fees in what sellers end up with after these costs

marco fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sooo excited and it's been a looong time coming but we finally are moving forward with our NEW R2R Marketplace!

You might remember we discussed creating a super detailed marketplace, where we would handle payments, arbitrate issues and more. Well you, the membership, for the most part didn't like that we would be that involved with your transaction so we listened. Honestly that was good news for us because it freed us up to take your input and just create a slimmed down, option enriched, more detailed way to buy, sell and trade on R2R.

Some quick highlights...

• More tools and options to create listings...
  • Better item search with filters for finding exactly what you want and where you want it...
  • New Buyer/Seller Rating and Review System...
  • Ability/Option to connect your Paypal, Stripe or Bank to get paid (optional)...
  • Member profile upgrade to show items for sale, items sold, user ratings and reviews, etc...
  • No Fee to use the Market buying for selling...
  • Mobile friendly market...
  • Verified Seller Banner...

These are a few highlights but we believe it's going to make for a much more streamlined experience for buying and selling on Reef2Reef. We also believe it's going to make it safer with the implementation of the new rating and review system.

So who's excited?!

R2R Buy Sell Trade Graphic.jpg
I’m excited Rev, keep up the great work :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back