So we signed a contract for the NEW R2R Marketplace!

Are you excited to try out the new R2R Market?

• YES

Votes: 491 84.1%
  • NO

Votes: 93 15.9%

• Total voters
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So with this said, who’s willing to do international shipping? I’m assuming most people here are stationed in the states and Canada but there are many of us abroad. How’s willing to make the long haul? PM if you wish.

We are looking to sign up, and we have some ready, European companies that will ship to you member over the pond!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No fees for sellers? So anyone with a R2R account can list and sell. No need to be a R2R supporter or Sponsor?

Initially there will be no fee for regular members and always a plan that would cost the regular member nothing to sell items. We will offer plans for certain user groups as this thing morphs and of course sponsors will have their place because they already sponsor the forum. Commercial non sponsor members will have to become a sponsor in order to sell. That being said we are going to start offering a broader range of sponsorship opportunities and plans with options to mix and match a plan for commercial members.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

ReefWithCare

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Initially there will be no fee for regular members and always a plan that would cost the regular member nothing to sell items. We will offer plans for certain user groups as this thing morphs and of course sponsors will have their place because they already sponsor the forum. Commercial non sponsor members will have to become a sponsor in order to sell. That being said we are going to start offering a broader range of sponsorship opportunities and plans with options to mix and match a plan for commercial members.

Cool. That makes sense that there would be sponsorship pieces to it. I wonder if it makes more sense just have a selling commission fee over a sponsorship as some members probably can't really afford to pay a sponsorship fee to get their listings bumped up and may prefer a more reasonable commission fee like 3-5% vs 10%+ for say Ebay ;Shy.

I'm curious what qualifies a commercial non sponsor member as there are plenty folks on here who grow frags in their garage or basement with no website or LLC etc. Many have been using places like FB and with FB shutting down livestock sales the marketplace makes a lot of sense for them as a channel.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some live corals from Europe would seal the deal.
DREAM.png

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@revhtree any update on more options for commercial non sponsor or lower levels of sponsorship? I have a small hobby aquaculture business I'd like to participate with on R2R but best I can tell the lowest option of gold sponsorship at $300 per month is just too much relative to the scale of my operation. And without sponsorship it is my understanding that I can't post for sale in the classifieds under my business - is that true? Any chance you will offer a lower option in the range of $100 per month? Thank you

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One idea for a lower level sponsorship might be to disallow live sales for lower tiers. That seems to be something most larger shops would want and would help you maintain higher price for those clients. At my scale I won't be doing live sales. Just a thought.

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One idea for a lower level sponsorship might be to disallow live sales for lower tiers. That seems to be something most larger shops would want and would help you maintain higher price for those clients. At my scale I won't be doing live sales. Just a thought.
I don’t use the marketplace pretty much at all but i think you make a great point. It’s a little unreasonable as I can see to pay $300 and try to compete with large retailers on a small scale if you want to try to do something larger. Also I for one would be happy to make more purchases through people I feel had more of a personal touch on their livestock rather than these big name brands that are creating mind blowing prices for somethings that aren’t really as they looked when you purchased them online.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back