So what’s everyone’s take on this dosing pump?

Ferrell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a IM30L that’s LPS dominant and need to start dosing to maintain Alk/cal levels. I am prob going to dose Kalk as I’ve had good luck with my other tank. I use the 1.1 connected to my apex for dosing on my other tank. I have no controller on this tank and it’s pretty minimalist in equipment, so my choices are the brs 1.1 doser with an on off timer or X1 Pro Wifi Dosing Pump - Kamoer.

What do y’all think?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Kamoer is very reliable and highly rated

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the pump, but the initial wifi connection is a bit broken. It does not connect right away, you have to repeat the process for a long time. Hopefully they address this issue in future lots.

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love those little Kamoer pumps. Solid if you ask me and I’ve had no issues with them whatsoever. Easy to program as well.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love those little Kamoer pumps. Solid if you ask me and I’ve had no issues with them whatsoever. Easy to program as well.

Specifically, the new X1 Pro Wifi? Or the blu tooth version?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My own troubles along with one or two others are within this thread.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once connected, I've had no issues and really like the doser, I'm currently using 2 of them and plan on purchasing more. But they really need to fix the initial connection. It should not take several hours over several days. So if you do not have the patience to deal with this issue, and I wouldnt blame you, I'd look elsewhere.

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Specifically, the new X1 Pro Wifi? Or the blu tooth version?
Bluetooth version not the pro. No issues with that pump

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love the pump, but the initial wifi connection is a bit broken. It does not connect right away, you have to repeat the process for a long time. Hopefully they address this issue in future lots.
OMG...completely agree. WiFi connectivity is a JOKE. Also, if it loses connectivity, I've noticed that it will continue to run in some instances!!

Last edited:

doodledreads

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pump can only connect to 2.4Ghz vs the usual 5 Ghz wireless. Just have to enable 2.4GHz on your router or wifi endpoint. I have F4 Pro for a couple of years now and it never skipped a beat. The app can use some work but it is not terrible to be honest.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pump can only connect to 2.4Ghz vs the usual 5 Ghz wireless. Just have to enable 2.4GHz on your router or wifi endpoint. I have F4 Pro for a couple of years now and it never skipped a beat. The app can use some work but it is not terrible to be honest.

You are talking about a different product. The issue with the Pro2 Wifi is not simply switching to 2.4ghz.

SliceGolfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only issue I’ve had with my Bluetooth X1 pump is that dosing time seemed to float. It’s set at 11am and I found it dosing as late as 1.5 hours later.

jasper9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I read somewhere that if power is lost to the Kamoer the schedule doesn't start back up when power is restored. Any truth to that? Is it just BT or both BT and Wifi?

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I thought I read somewhere that if power is lost to the Kamoer the schedule doesn't start back up when power is restored. Any truth to that? Is it just BT or both BT and Wifi?
I'll give it a try on my X1 Pro and let you know. I am pretty sure it will resume once it reconnects to WiFi. The caveat is that when mine has lost WiFi connection, two different times it just started running and I manually shut it off. I'm using as an ATO, so not a huge deal...but if you were dosing, it would be altogether different.

Update: I just disconnected\reconnected power from the X1 Pro and it powered up, reconnected to WiFi and operated as expected.

Last edited:

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...The caveat is that when mine has lost WiFi connection, two different times it just started running and I manually shut it off. I'm using as an ATO, so not a huge deal...but if you were dosing, it would be altogether different.....
Did you ask Coralvue about this and if so what did they say?

Anyone else experience this issue?

Can others with these pumps test this out by disconnecting WiFi and report back in this thread?

These pumps are on my list but with the above I think I'm going to have to take them off.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ask Coralvue about this and if so what did they say?

Anyone else experience this issue?

Can others with these pumps test this out by disconnecting WiFi and report back in this thread?

These pumps are on my list but with the above I think I'm going to have to take them off.
I just unplugged my router, status indicator light on my 2 units on separate floors both switched to red and neither are pumping.

Both pumps came back online just fine.

Back