So what have you done to YOUR tank lately?

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
iilusii, I am not sure as I have not built finished this algae scrubber light yet, but it will only have about 15 LEDs on it as opposed to the main LED water cooled light I built for the tank which has 70 LEDs on it and only gets a little over room temp.

Here is the heat exchanger I built for that.

shollis2814

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Battled slime algae. Got the turkey baster out and dipped 4 small frags in a peroxide solution.
I'm also getting ready to leave the country for a week. My wife is not reef savvy, so I am trying to get this ready for as easy a time as possible for her.
  • Slowly dropping salinity to lower in the normal range (I run about 1.025. Shooting for 1.0225-1.023) so that water can evaporate and she won't have to fool with top off. I normally top off once a week anyway.
  • Premixing my food to leave in the fridge.
  • Planing any dosing for tomorrow so I have a couple of days to monitor and make sure levels are acceptable.
  • Off schedule water change for the night before I leave.
Basically just trying to get my tank in the best shape possible in preparation for a week with little/no maintenance.

Mark Lane

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help! Would you expect a change of GFO and carbon to cause the skimmer to go crazy even 24 hours later? Just foaming like crazy no matter what the setting.

JTittle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
iilusii, I am not sure as I have not built finished this algae scrubber light yet, but it will only have about 15 LEDs on it as opposed to the main LED water cooled light I built for the tank which has 70 LEDs on it and only gets a little over room temp.
Wow.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The water cooled algae scrubber light is done.

Defective_Weeble

Salty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hung my Radions.

12489389_10153164930957493_1248604666757881994_o.jpg

shollis2814

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I got back into town last night after a week away. My wife and kids just fed and that's it. Fortunately, my brown slime algae seemed to have burned itself out. My Pavona frag is out and swaying in the current and the place where it broke off the parent has polyps over the break. I actually fractured my elbow and can't lift for a bit, so water changes will be slow.

shollis2814

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well...
Just spent a week in Haiti with 23 high schoolers on a mission trip. One of our jobs was painting a building an orphanage had been renting so they wouldn't have to pay painters. I was painting up on top of a protruding closet and went to hop down. Misjudged things and landed on a tarp with some give in it. Landed full weight on my funnybone. That was last Thursday. It really didn't hurt, and I wasn't too keen on going to a doctor in Haiti, so I just did ice, icy hot, and ibuprofen.

Went to the Bone and Joint Clinic today and found out I have a radial fracture right at the elbow joint. No surgery, but can't lift anything heavier than a cup of coffee for a few weeks.

bigkai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a phosban reactor cleaned all my pumps and wavemakers and cleaned my skimmer. And added a new titanium heater to my sump. Old heater died on me last week. Been using my water changing heater waiting for the new one to come in.

ESVAreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took two hydor power heads out that were shocking everything in my tank :/ (bought last Christmas) waited for things to expand then fed a bit ..... waiting for my birthday to get new power heads I'm poor after buying one of my dream shrooms [emoji5]️

tcoyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up some awesome corals from Josh Davis and Scott Morgan. Fragged up my Frogspawn and ordered my mp40 QD upgrade for an old WWD Mp40.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added this clean up crew. I think it is one inch of Manatee for each 20 gallons of water isn't it?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back