So who’s ordered the new Apex A3 Pro all ready?

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone found this to be the case with the Sky lights?
I have not seen any reports on skys yet but I remember my old VW and its sticky soft touch plastic as well as my mp3 player and external dvd drive that still work to this day but just feel gross. They could have overcome this issue but that is right where my mind goes when I hear soft touch plastic.

Last edited:

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have not seen any reports on skys yet but I remember my old VW and its sticky soft touch plastic as well as my mp3 player and external dvd drive that still work to this day but just feel gross. They could have overcome this issue but that is right wher my mind goes when I hear soft touch plastic.

Yeah I'm curious to see how it plays out. I bet it's not a big deal since these aren't objects that get handled daily.

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems to be a similar material to what Bose uses on their bluetooth speakers. Hoping it is similar quality. Those haven’t gone sticky on me

joewaddle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case anyone is wondering, I'm squarely in the 40 breeder converted to a sump camp... Maybe in my next tank, I will have a 75 converted to a sump...
Picked up a 70g peninsula for $100 from somebody shutting down a fish store. Makes a great sump for my 125g display

gbru316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone found this to be the case with the Sky lights?

I don’t touch mine enough to notice.

I did purchase a gen1 xr30 last year that I ended up cleaning with pure isopropyl to get the remains of what I assume was some sort of “soft touch” finish.

entire thing was sticky and gross. But worked fine after I disassembled, cleaned well, and replaced the fan. It’s now my backup light.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
After seeing them in person, the dark grey Apex Pro next to the EB832 is good looking IMO! The plugs are dark grey and it makes a great match/contrast with the Pro.

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm fearing classic obsolescence ain't too far away... Too many of us using the 'old' hardware with NO issues. Thus they arent making money.
I hear ya. I'm concerned it will become modularization via subscription in some way. Like the base version is X, w/ this feature it will be X and with this number of controls X. There are lots of RPA and similar automation tools in the IT space. Many of them charge per execution of code. With Apex now experiencing the law of diminishing returns in economies of scale, I could see a business change ahead.

Raptor72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On kinda the same note, does anyone know when the release date was going to be for the LLS? I thought they had mentioned at Reefpalooza this weekend that it was going to be today?

OnePuffMan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still building, so it will be an Apex A3 for me. I have the Sky lights, so would I be better off with the standard or pro? I'd rather save the money to buy the standard edition with the level monitor but could be talked into the pro.

Edit: I would like to eventually end up running the Triton method if that makes any difference.

Last edited:

alabella1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'm still building, so it will be an Apex A3 for me. I have the Sky lights, so would I be better off with the standard or pro? I'd rather save the money to buy the standard edition with the level monitor but could be talked into the pro.

Edit: I would like to eventually end up running the Triton method if that makes any difference.
I got the pro and it's pretty sweet. I dove in headfirst for my new 155 gal. Cor20, tunze ato, MP40s, 2 Skys and a Kessil A360X. Having a ball piecing it all together.

chvvkumar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does any one know if the A3 Apex Jr. is compatible with the EB8 or the display unit from the original Jr.? I have the priginal and if both work with the new Jr., it's a no brainer purchase for me.

Have the og Jr. since I bought it brand new back in 2014 and it still works great.

EDIT: Got the answer on Neptune forums. Both the display unit and the EB8 should work!

Last edited:

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Does any one know if the A3 Apex Jr. is compatible with the EB8 or the display unit from the original Jr.? I have the priginal and if both work with the new Jr., it's a no brainer purchase for me.

Have the og Jr. since I bought it brand new back in 2014 and it still works great.

EDIT: Got the answer on Neptune forums. Both the display unit and the EB8 should work!

Correct, they will both work just fine. I have the old black display on my system still. Love having it!

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mean to tell me that you don’t want the quote soft touch finish, darker grey color so it doesn’t match any other Neptune product, built in fmm, a thank you card, a hat and shirt for $900! Ha
Whoa !!! A shirt and a hat hmmm!!! :thinking-face: ...................Nope!

chvvkumar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just ordered the A3 Jr. for my planted tank from saltwateraquarium.com. I am going to reuse my EB8 and display module with it.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know if the new LLS will work with the A1 pre 2016 apex? Thanks for your help

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$300 isn’t horrible for what it is. I think an entry level unit could be a little cheaper, but that’s going back to cheap and not upgradable vs a little more expensive with the ability to not have to buy up again. I just wish they had a stand alone trident that could link to an existing classic through fusion. I understand the Classic not having the ability to talk to it, but since fusion is cloud based, I wouldn’t think it to be too difficult to have a built in or even optional web server for the trident. An a3 pro head only option would be nice for those few people still running classics.
Do you happen to know if LLS works on classic apex? I already was aware that trident did not.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to a quick search, it looks like the FMM works on the A1. Which would mean the new sensors should all work as well.
After a search on neptunes fourm LLS does not work with classic. Only works with A2 and A3 apex just like trident :(

Back