So who’s ordered the new Apex A3 Pro all ready?

OP
OP
A_Blind_Reefer

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought an A2 Pro about 2 months ago. I already have a VDM and can purchase a FMM if I want.

There's no compelling reason for me to upgrade.
That’s part of why I’m curious…..how many people that already have the Apex 2016 would upgrade?

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious to know how many peeps are jumping on this.
Ill wait patiently for the apex 2016 prices to come down. Neptune will fool enough people to buy for frankly a minimal upgrade.

I'm waiting on apex classic support to die. Then I have a decision to make.

OP
OP
A_Blind_Reefer

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill wait patiently for the apex 2016 prices to come down. Neptune will fool enough people to buy for frankly a minimal upgrade.

Ha! They probably won’t even discount the 2016 knowing them. They should be half off!

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will order mine tonight when they are available for order. Going to upgrade from the ELMO. It doesn't make sense to buy an FMM, EB832, and all the sensors separately for me.
I frankly have no need for the EB832. Downside is that new EB8's are discontinued, so us older hardware folks are being pigeonholed...

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Until they stop access to fusion with the "classic" head unit, I will continue to use it.

The EB832 has so many issues. They should have stuck with the older EB8 rock solid performance. I'm actually surprised they discontinued them with how well they perform.

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m with you there….they still have EB4s but not EB8s which doesn’t make sense
Weird isn't it! Planning for one more eb4 before they go the way of the dodo. Hoping some eb8's will be put out on clearance at some point when neptunes warranty needs are expired.

OP
OP
A_Blind_Reefer

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’m hoping they don’t kill off the classic. I’ve had mine for ten years and now I’ve lost most my vision so starting over wouldn’t be easy. Plus having to replace multiple Eb8’s and 4s, it would be super expensive. I’ve always thought they should have a trade up program

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Until they stop access to fusion with the "classic" head unit, I will continue to use it.

The EB832 has so many issues. They should have stuck with the older EB8 rock solid performance. I'm actually surprised they discontinued them with how well they perform.
I'm fearing classic obsolescence ain't too far away... Too many of us using the 'old' hardware with NO issues. Thus they arent making money.

OP
OP
A_Blind_Reefer

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yeah, I have multiple eb8 and eb4 units with zero problems over ten years! Knock on wood. I think the bugs have been worked out of the eb832s now, but I’m still nervous about changing over

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m hoping they don’t kill off the classic. I’ve had mine for ten years and now I’ve lost most my vision so starting over wouldn’t be easy. Plus having to replace multiple Eb8’s and 4s, it would be super expensive. I’ve always thought they should have a trade up program
One of my units have a low 4 digit serial number. Been rock solid the almost 7 years I've had it (bought second hand).

OP
OP
A_Blind_Reefer

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I liked having dedicated modules. Just in case something bites the dust, you only need to replace one module versus the head unit. Having everything built into the head is great installation wise, but if something dies you need to replace the whole enchilada

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My EB32 stopped working recently. It is a few years old... meanwhile I have two EB8's working perfect, one is the old black label...

:rolleyes:

I won't upgrade, don't care about fluid monitoring. If anything, I would like to swap to hydros. If this boring upgrade is all Apex is offering for the next how many years... may push me that way. I would have liked to see apex in a new nice modern housing, robust components, and some thought put into organization so it could be set up very clean and less bulk.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm fearing classic obsolescence ain't too far away... Too many of us using the 'old' hardware with NO issues. Thus they arent making money.
Only issue I have ever had, the random reboot one since the "new" unit came out. Doesn't happen all the time, but I do get it once in a while.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 27 49.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • None.

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.5%
Back