So who’s ordered the new Apex A3 Pro all ready?

Gotfrogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was weak and ordered one. Totally not needed but I want to have a backup head unit on hand, don’t want to wait to order a water level sensor and like supporting the company.

joewaddle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see a lot of not so good comments here but I purchased the A3 pro and very excited about it. I have never owned or used an apex before. So this will be completely new to me, but with my tank being over 5yrs old and having more $$$ than I wanna admit in it. This is what I would consider my most important purchase I could have made. No more living on the edge wondering when something major is gonna happen.
Now for the people who have an the A2, they said in the intro video that unless money is no option there is no reason to upgrade. I don’t understand why some people get so serious about it. This is an expensive hobby, after a few months of reefing we all realize that. Money is an issue for me. But this is how I see it, I just spent $1000 on this apex. Hands down the most expensive single purchase I have made for my system. Now at the swipe of my phone I can dismiss any stress I have about my tank when I’m hours away for work or even out with my family. No matter the situation, my stress levels are that much less now. Thanks Neptune!! Smile and be nice

Last edited:

ReefDreamz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an A2 and bought the A3 pro only because I had a lightning strike take out a bunch of electronics in my home including my A2. The timing of their A3 release was perfect for me. My home insurance is covering the cost so it was a no brainer.

miltonkl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Technically, you could use an adapter to plug into your wall. Replace power leads on existing equipment with US or EU leads. And then use adapters for anything with fixed power leads like my heaters etc.

Will most likely have to do that, as Neptune doesn't seem to mind that people are moving. away from Neptune in Australia due to this.
Oh man, I'm a dummy. I was only thinking about having to have a single adapter for the part plugging into the wall, but I suppose each of the outlets would also be wrong since all of the stuff you want to plug into it is presumably also using the triangular style pins you guys have so would also need adapters and that's getting crazy.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just want an updated energy bar for Australia! Been waiting for ages, there wasn't even a 2016 model (as far as i could tell, could be wrong).

I had to order the previous gen on ebay to get my setup working with the 2016 Apex. Plus the 1 link as the old energy bar only had aquabus.

Paul talked about this on ReefDudes yesterday. Sounds like one is coming eventually

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve been testing the regular A3 (not pro) as part of the NSI program for about a month. It’s obviously not a radical departure from the A2 and works just the same. Having the FMM built in is nice since I didn’t have an FMM previously of my A2. I like the new magnetic optical sensor it comes with. Very tiny so I was able to get it into the mouth of the container I use to dose tropic Marin part C to monitor that since I always forget to refill it.

I can’t comment about the new LSS or leak sensor because the standard A3 doesn’t come with those. The response from the other NSI members that are testing the pro seems very positive though. I’ll likely be purchasing one of the LSS models when they come out though for use on my top off container.

jmatt

Just gettin' started. Again.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered my A3 Pro. I've been waiting for them to announce some kind of plan for connecting the Neptune and Eco-Tech product lines and now we have it. Woot!

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was very disappointed by the announcement. I've been wanting to get a monitor with potential upgrades for a while now. The APEX system (not the classic) has always looked to me like it was designed by Fisher Price and none of the hardware instilled confidence in its design/reliability.

That said the APEX Jr looked like a winner, right up until they showed how they intentionally crippled it by leaving out the thirty-cent Ethernet port. Stupid garbage. Will not be a customer.

Too bad because I like what I see in Fusion.

Back