So who else is excited about the new HYDROS Control 4?

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m Reefing on a budget and this controller looks like it checks all my boxes, it’s also made in the USA! Can’t wait until it’s released:)

I am excited to use Hydros on my upcoming upgrade. I dont know if its really going to be cheap to put together a full setup with multiple Controls and Sence Box and Wave Engine, but I have found very little value in buying the lowest cost option so far in this hobby.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Remember they had a hurricane last week so there might be a little delay to some places. I thin CV was shut down for a day.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that is really disappointing. I am going to call Premium aquatics tomorrow and see what is up.
I think they got theirs in sometime today. they do show in stock on the website tonight. They still had out of stock this afternoon.

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having just bought an apex, I can say I'm honestly intrigued by a distributed control system such as this. I'll be watching this closely, I hope they box this out right, because if done right, it could beat the pants off apex in capability and price. Time will tell I guess...

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I saw Premium Aquatics post on FB they have the Hydros:

Got home and my order was there for my upstairs tank. Plus a few extra Wifi strips for my rack system in the basement.
I now have (7) Wifi strips and (1) single WiFi outlet.
1604584077435.png

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Super excited to see some competition in this stale segment.

One way or another, we all benefit.

Miketay89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My order from premium aquatics is on its way. I got the control 4 bundle, the control 2, the leak sensor rope, 2 extra wifi outlets, the skimmer sensor and I already have the wave controller so I grabbed a command cable also.
I am excited to get it setup. I am looking forward to their dosing solution, hopefully it is released soon. I have an old jebao doser that needs replaced, but I am afraid as soon as I upgrade hydros will release their dosing solution.

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw Premium Aquatics post on FB they have the Hydros:

Got home and my order was there for my upstairs tank. Plus a few extra Wifi strips for my rack system in the basement.
I now have (7) Wifi strips and (1) single WiFi outlet.
1604584077435.png
Please hook all of that up right now!! And please do a video on how it all works!! Please.

twistedfinn967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was here when I got home from work last night. I got it set up in nothing flat, just followed the directions on the website and the rest is history! I know it's early but at this point I am 150% happy with my purchase. Going over how to add probes and such, it's ridiculously simple.

The only thing I haven't been able to figure out/find is how to silence the audible alarm. That might not be an option though so I'll keep poking around.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I remember Carlos talking about that on one of the recent videos but I don’t remember which one. There is a way to turn that off if I remember correctly. I don’t have mine yet so I cannot check.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I was watching BRS's discussion about controllers yesterday and if they had it correct it's kind of scary that if WiFi is disconnected the outlet remains stuck in the last position it was in. The lack of fall-back function is unacceptable.

While its cool to be able to place these power strips far away from the main setup (equipment closet, mixing station in the garage, etc, etc) CoralVue should have included a COM port on the strip for those who seek utmost reliability via a wire.

Give the customer a choice. If its close by, plug away, if you need to place it far, use WiFi.

Can someone clarify if what I got from Ryan is correct?

Miketay89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe that is true, but if your router (wifi) looses power won't your controller also be without power? If you have your controller on an ups and not your router then this may be a problem. The solution to that would be to plug your router into an ups also?

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I believe that is true, but if your router (wifi) looses power won't your controller also be without power? If you have your controller on an ups and not your router then this may be a problem. The solution to that would be to plug your router into an ups also?

I didnt say it loses power, i said IF connectivity is lost.

That said, my whole network rack is on multiple UPSs.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was watching BRS's discussion about controllers yesterday and if they had it correct it's kind of scary that if WiFi is disconnected the outlet remains stuck in the last position it was in. The lack of fall-back function is unacceptable.

While its cool to be able to place these power strips far away from the main setup (equipment closet, mixing station in the garage, etc, etc) CoralVue should have included a COM port on the strip for those who seek utmost reliability via a wire.

Give the customer a choice. If its close by, plug away, if you need to place it far, use WiFi.

Can someone clarify if what I got from Ryan is correct?
You are right at the moment on the wifi power bars. I was planning on using a wifi outlet on dosing pumps, but I need to come up with a way to kill the pumps if communication is lost. They are 12v pumps so I might use 12v relays driven by one of the drive outputs to kill the DC power from the pumps if the WiFi connection is lost. I don’t know for sure if I can do this until I get my controller. The other option is to use the drive ports to power them directly but I would need more ports than I have on one controller to do that. I have a lot of relays that I bought years ago for a project and never used them so I have nothing to loose but time trying it out. They are coming out with a sense 4 module. Hopefully they are thinking about a way to add drive ports also. I guess doing that would require that the unit have it own supply and use a data cable only to connect to the collective.

Fish E

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a text my 3rd one was dropped off today for my upstairs tank along with a whole bunch of WiFi strips.
I apologize if this has been answered, but is the software capable of recording and and displaying/graphing historical data? For example, temperature at 5pm over the last 30 days.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologize if this has been answered, but is the software capable of recording and and displaying/graphing historical data? For example, temperature at 5pm over the last 30 days.
I think I remember seeing them show graphs for inputs on some of the youtube videos. I am not sure about outputs.The controller I currently use has them for all inputs and outputs.I have a Control 4 ordered so I will find out.

Back