So who else is excited about the new HYDROS Control 4?

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m Reefing on a budget and this controller looks like it checks all my boxes, it’s also made in the USA! Can’t wait until it’s released:)

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m Reefing on a budget and this controller looks like it checks all my boxes, it’s also made in the USA! Can’t wait until it’s released:)

Thank you for your interest and in HYDROS! ;Shamefullyembarrased #Hydros

Last edited:

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks cool, but I’m curious to see more about the user interface and programming examples. I’m very fluent in Apex programming, but I know it has many limitations, so I’ll be interested to see if this is more flexible. So far there's been no detail provided on how you configure it to automate different devices. The in-depth interview posted yesterday was fairly vague:

"We aren’t expecting hobbyists to learn a new programming language. If you know how to use a smartphone or a tablet, then you can control and monitor your aquarium with the HYDROS app. You adjust settings by swiping on your mobile device—just like you do hundreds of times a day already. There is zero coding involved. There is nothing complicated about our user interface. It’s going to feel very familiar to you."

OK, that sounds great, but how exactly do I configure it to monitor the flow rate on my return line, and turn off my UV sterilizer when the flow is below 200 gph? Or what if I want to turn off multiple devices with a single click for maintenance purposes? Does it actually have a way to create dependencies and rules that operate without needing human interaction? I just want to see some official details and/or demos.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also looking forward to having one. I think this will be a game changer in the controller market.

That's awesome! Thank you so much for your support!

It looks cool, but I’m curious to see more about the user interface and programming examples. I’m very fluent in Apex programming, but I know it has many limitations, so I’ll be interested to see if this is more flexible. So far there's been no detail provided on how you configure it to automate different devices. The in-depth interview posted yesterday was fairly vague:

"We aren’t expecting hobbyists to learn a new programming language. If you know how to use a smartphone or a tablet, then you can control and monitor your aquarium with the HYDROS app. You adjust settings by swiping on your mobile device—just like you do hundreds of times a day already. There is zero coding involved. There is nothing complicated about our user interface. It’s going to feel very familiar to you."

OK, that sounds great, but how exactly do I configure it to monitor the flow rate on my return line, and turn off my UV sterilizer when the flow is below 200 gph? Or what if I want to turn off multiple devices with a single click for maintenance purposes? Does it actually have a way to create dependencies and rules that operate without needing human interaction? I just want to see some official details and/or demos.

We guarantee that the HYDROS Control will be able to perform all of the tasks you've mentioned. Configuring the app to make sure these things are easy and intuitive will be a major focus for us during the next few months. So unfortunately as of today, we can't share a demonstration since the app is going to evolve pretty dramatically between now and launch. I realize this isn't the answer you are looking for so I do apologize for not being able to deliver. We realize that we'll have to create a pretty robust content library (likely lead by lots of videos) to teach people how to use the app and understand its capabilities. The onus is on us to prove that the controllers can do all that we say and we will rise to the challenge!

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome! Thank you so much for your support!

We guarantee that the HYDROS Control will be able to perform all of the tasks you've mentioned. Configuring the app to make sure these things are easy and intuitive will be a major focus for us during the next few months. So unfortunately as of today, we can't share a demonstration since the app is going to evolve pretty dramatically between now and launch. I realize this isn't the answer you are looking for so I do apologize for not being able to deliver. We realize that we'll have to create a pretty robust content library (likely lead by lots of videos) to teach people how to use the app and understand its capabilities. The onus is on us to prove that the controllers can do all that we say and we will rise to the challenge!

sounds great! Keep us updated with all the little details as launch date approaches ;)

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this will be a game changer in the controller market

I have the same feeling, of course it’s a little early to get to excited but this controller looks promising =)

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a planned/estimated release date for Europe?

We are launching the controllers in the USA in Spring 2020. Assuming the launch is successful, we definitely plan on offering them to our international customers and hobbyists, so we are probably looking at like the Summer of next year.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds great! Keep us updated with all the little details as launch date approaches ;)

We absolutely will. We are working on a HYDROS website now. It should be live in a couple of weeks to coincide with the launch of the WaveEngine.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this will be a game changer in the controller market.

LOL, lots of things look great before they don’t. I’m following this with interest, but without hyperbole. Let’s see when it gets into the hands of a few hobbyists and they have a chance to play around with it.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, lots of things look great before they don’t. I’m following this with interest, but without hyperbole. Let’s see when it gets into the hands of a few hobbyists and they have a chance to play around with it.

Agreed, god forbid another Vertex Cerebra lol

Last edited:

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We are hoping to get them into the hands of beta testers before the end of the year. :)

Agreed, god forbid another Vertex Cerebra lol

Time flies. I just watched a video about it. I didn't realize it was supposed to come out 3 years ago.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are hoping to get them into the hands of beta testers before the end of the year. :)

That’s cool. The hobby could use a competent controller that is less complicated, and also less expensive, than the current choices. I’ve got a big, complex system so the current options work for me; but not so much for smaller, simpler setups.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s cool. The hobby could use a competent controller that is less complicated, and also less expensive, than the current choices. I’ve got a big, complex system so the current options work for me; but not so much for smaller, simpler setups.

That's the idea, really. We want to bring aquarium automation to the masses. You can set up a complex system with HYDROS, but you can also keep it very simple. We are not trying to take away market share from other aquarium controller companies. Many of our staff have tried and currently use controllers from the brands currently out there. But there is a whole segment of hobbyists that are not being served that will greatly benefit from having a controller/monitor. That's who we're going after. An example I used in the interview we did with Reefs.com was about auto top-off systems. Thousands of hobbyists, myself included, have paid up to $199.99 for a quality auto top-off system. Our Control 2 is $199.99, too. It can be your auto top-off system as well as serve a bunch of other purposes. And because our platform is distributed, should your needs grow or change, you can add more HYDROS devices and they'll all work together. You can just add on to what you already have rather than replace it.

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hallelujah! I wasted money a few years back on the FishBit Kickstarter! Just wanted a more simple monitor for a fish only system!

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeff - Is Carlos still planning on wondering the isles of RAP Chicago? I hope to catch him is so to talk about the controller.

Yeah, he'll be there, I just confirmed. Not in an official capacity (as we are not exhibiting), but that is his backyard, so to speak, so he'll be there for a few hours on Saturday to chat with folks and hopefully capture some photos and videos I can share on social media. Jeremy from our staff may also attend.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back