So who else is excited about the new HYDROS Control 4?

U

User1

View Badges
We are not trying to take away market share from other aquarium controller companies.

This nugget right here is probably why you will be successful. This is also why I see a particular product recently out failing in the near term(not your product). I believe tactical targets of things over looked or new ways of doing something more efficiently that make sense, or are user friendly, will take care of moving products on its own.

The whole concept of it takes money to make money or basic school house rock mentality wins in the end. I personally probably wouldn't change but know not what the future holds. I do know that I like to support other companies with a non aggressive rule the world attitudes.

Thus me keying in the sentence above. If you do take some testers maybe ping someone here that posted in the thread as a user. I think he would provide some non biased information on its use that may be able to help position it.

Keep up the great work. I probably say it too much but you and your team are doing a great job.

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me it is a perfect answer. Great entry price, wireless and expandable! I am finishing up a 650 gallon FOWLR build right now and it will be a ideal fit. In the beginning I want to monitor essential water parameters .... temp, flow, pH, ORP. More than monitoring I want notified if some goes out of set parameters as I will thousands of fish to protect. A couple years down the road I might test some corals in that system and if my fish don’t munch them it will become a reef. At that point my needs will expand and it sounds like the Hydros will revolve to meet those needs! Perfect answer at a great time!

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This nugget right here is probably why you will be successful. This is also why I see a particular product recently out failing in the near term(not your product). I believe tactical targets of things over looked or new ways of doing something more efficiently that make sense, or are user friendly, will take care of moving products on its own.

The whole concept of it takes money to make money or basic school house rock mentality wins in the end. I personally probably wouldn't change but know not what the future holds. I do know that I like to support other companies with a non aggressive rule the world attitudes.

Thus me keying in the sentence above. If you do take some testers maybe ping someone here that posted in the thread as a user. I think he would provide some non biased information on its use that may be able to help position it.

Keep up the great work. I probably say it too much but you and your team are doing a great job.

Thank you for your kind words. It is interesting because a lot of the conversations we have about HYDROS (and even for other brands we distribute) are about how can we build something better, make it more accessible, more user-friendly, are there elements of other products we can incorporate into another to streamline processes, etc. Surprisingly, most of the time, these things can be achieved without significantly driving up the cost. That's another thing about CoralVue: we don't want this to become a hobby for rich people. We don't want to price people out of the hobby. We're trying to be more inclusive than exclusive, for better or worse!

We do have a beta testing program, but there is currently a waitlist. If there is anyone reading this that is interested in joining, you are welcome to email me at [email protected].

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me it is a perfect answer. Great entry price, wireless and expandable! I am finishing up a 650 gallon FOWLR build right now and it will be a ideal fit. In the beginning I want to monitor essential water parameters .... temp, flow, pH, ORP. More than monitoring I want notified if some goes out of set parameters as I will thousands of fish to protect. A couple years down the road I might test some corals in that system and if my fish don’t munch them it will become a reef. At that point my needs will expand and it sounds like the Hydros will revolve to meet those needs! Perfect answer at a great time!

Not gonna lie, it does sound like our platform is the perfect fit for you... especially since it's something that can grow with you as your needs evolve.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the idea, really. We want to bring aquarium automation to the masses. You can set up a complex system with HYDROS, but you can also keep it very simple. We are not trying to take away market share from other aquarium controller companies. Many of our staff have tried and currently use controllers from the brands currently out there. But there is a whole segment of hobbyists that are not being served that will greatly benefit from having a controller/monitor. That's who we're going after. An example I used in the interview we did with Reefs.com was about auto top-off systems. Thousands of hobbyists, myself included, have paid up to $199.99 for a quality auto top-off system. Our Control 2 is $199.99, too. It can be your auto top-off system as well as serve a bunch of other purposes. And because our platform is distributed, should your needs grow or change, you can add more HYDROS devices and they'll all work together. You can just add on to what you already have rather than replace it.

Understood, that’s the approach I would take in your shoes - expand the addressable market. Assuming it’s successful, you will take sales from existing players, that’s inevitable. Whether it’s significant ..... time will tell.

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's another thing about CoralVue: we don't want this to become a hobby for rich people.

I don’t think I have ever heard that statement from another reefing equipment company, sometimes it seems just the opposite like they are only catering to the wealthy.. surviving on a modest pension I have to make every penny count so for me this rules out most other controllers that are currently available.

halfdoz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so excited for this. I have been waiting to get an Apex and I am so glad I waited because I think this will be more along the line of what I have been wanting. I just hope it will be easy to get when it launches and not a wait line for 1/2 year for one to be available.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so excited for this. I have been waiting to get an Apex and I am so glad I waited because I think this will be more along the line of what I have been wanting. I just hope it will be easy to get when it launches and not a wait line for 1/2 year for one to be available.

We are excited that you are excited! :D We're still trying to cram as many features as possible into the controllers before launch, but we're still on track for release in the Spring of next year.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm certainly more then intrigued by this, and can't wait for it to come out and be reviewed. I'm currently in the market for a controller(current classic apex is dying), and a new apex is just outright costly, and GHL is even more so.

After owning an apex for about 5 years now I love what it can do, but certainly don't need all the high end programming it can do. Looking for a more easier to use, less programing, and something that can accomidate a few more plugs that would eliminate all the power bricks behind my tank(your current hydro's looks very promising for that).

Also nice to see a company that is not shilling to the rich in this hobby. The longer I stay in this hobby(been dang near 30 years on and off now) the more and more it seems the every day blue collar man is being priced right out of it.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will this be available in Canada as well? Will there be stores or distributors in Canada that will carry this controller?

It will be available in Canada. We don't know which stores yet, but I think it's fairly safe to say that stores that bring on the WaveEngine, due out November 12th, will carry other HYDROS-brand products. @TJ_Burton from Big Al's videos will be trying out the WaveEngine in a future episode, so hopefully he likes it and they decide to bring the line aboard!

I'm certainly more then intrigued by this, and can't wait for it to come out and be reviewed. I'm currently in the market for a controller(current classic apex is dying), and a new apex is just outright costly, and GHL is even more so.

After owning an apex for about 5 years now I love what it can do, but certainly don't need all the high end programming it can do. Looking for a more easier to use, less programing, and something that can accomidate a few more plugs that would eliminate all the power bricks behind my tank(your current hydro's looks very promising for that).

Also nice to see a company that is not shilling to the rich in this hobby. The longer I stay in this hobby(been dang near 30 years on and off now) the more and more it seems the every day blue collar man is being priced right out of it.

Thank you for your interest in HYDROS! You seem to have a firm grasp of what we're trying to accomplish here, which is to bring aquarium automation to the masses (without breaking the bank). And unlike some other aquarium controller companies, there will be a lot of inroads into the HYDROS universe, as each product we release will be able to be used by itself or as part of a larger set of connected HYDROS devices. You won't need a central "brain," because they all have brains. Another goal of ours, as you pointed out, is clearing up all the clutter behind your tank. By allowing our controllers and the WaveEngine to connect to accessories without extra modules, and even supply power to some devices, you'll have a lot less mess in and around your stand and more money in your pocket.

TJ_Burton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be available in Canada. We don't know which stores yet, but I think it's fairly safe to say that stores that bring on the WaveEngine, due out November 12th, will carry other HYDROS-brand products. @TJ_Burton from Big Al's videos will be trying out the WaveEngine in a future episode, so hopefully he likes it and they decide to bring the line aboard!

I am super excited to get my hands on a WaveEngine!

I would be very surprised if Big Al's didn't carry the Hydros line, but if you want to help make sure that happens @Goomba_BC then send them an email and let them know you're looking to get one for yourself! [email protected]

:)

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am super excited to get my hands on a WaveEngine!

I would be very surprised if Big Al's didn't carry the Hydros line, but if you want to help make sure that happens @Goomba_BC then send them an email and let them know you're looking to get one for yourself! [email protected]

:)

Teamwork makes the dream work!

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C7DF12BA-57E0-407D-9343-9A1E56F53D52.gif

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just making sure you guy’s aren’t sleeping on the job.. ;Hilarious

Nope! We're working hard to bring all of the HYDROS items on our product roadmap to market as quickly as possible!

I haven't decided on the 2 or 4 yet but one of them is going to make my life easier. I love how modular and expandable the system is, really a no brainer.

I am probably going to opt for the 4 to get the extra Sense ports. I plan to use the temperature probe, at least a couple of optical sensors for an ATO, and a leak detector.

MatsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope! We're working hard to bring all of the HYDROS items on our product roadmap to market as quickly as possible!

I am probably going to opt for the 4 to get the extra Sense ports. I plan to use the temperature probe, at least a couple of optical sensors for an ATO, and a leak detector.
Watching Hydros with great interest. I’d love to monitor my tank and automate water changes from my basement reservoirs. Never owned a controller before.

EricLibs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really excited about this controller. I've been debating other brands for years but was ultimately put off by the endless amount of extras I had to buy in order to use them to their full potential. This along with the wave engine seems like it ticks all the boxes at a very fair and reasonable price point.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back