So who else is excited about the new HYDROS Control 4?

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to buy the Power 4 wifi strip thing to go with an existing Apex, although they wont be able to talk to each other I can talk to them using data from both ;) the price on those is outstanding! I really want an EB4 or EB8 but the price isnt justifiable.

Does anyone know if they app will be on PC? At work I get no phone reception and check fusion through a PC, would love to check HYDROS through PC instead of only app. Any ideas?

MGarrison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to buy the Power 4 wifi strip thing to go with an existing Apex, although they wont be able to talk to each other I can talk to them using data from both ;) the price on those is outstanding! I really want an EB4 or EB8 but the price isnt justifiable.

Does anyone know if they app will be on PC? At work I get no phone reception and check fusion through a PC, would love to check HYDROS through PC instead of only app. Any ideas?

Yes Hydros has a web app.

M

member 99594

View Badges
I know there was talk about this coming to Canada earlier in the thread, however, did they nail down a price for the Starter Pack?

The Wave Engine is $419 at reefsupplies.ca.

With that said that would put the Control 4 around $630-$650 is that accurate and have they talked about a price here in CAD?

M

member 99594

View Badges
Yeah but I feel like you can do a bit more with the Control 4 in regards to pump synchronization. AND they are just getting started. Carlos' attitude is awesome when it comes to this product too.

The add ons are priced very well too. Less than $50 for a power bar.. Temp probes etc.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not in the market for a controller and won't be for a long time (unless something happens to mine, which I do not expect to happen any time soon), but from what they've shown so far along with the price this will definitely be at the top of my list when the time comes.

I would set a system up all redundant, including brains, heaters with a separate temperature sensor to each, one sensor from each brain.

Just need to see how reliability is with these in the long run, specifically the power strips. I wonder what kind of testing they performed on them. If an advanced aging test was done, set one up to constantly cycle until it fails.

Might be overstating at this point but I'd be concerned if I were another controller manufacturer.

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of a back into the hobby build. I am very interested in going with this instead of apex. My only concern is being colorblind I was really looking forward to getting the trident to make testing easier. Are there any similar products out or coming out that is compatible with the hydros?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of a back into the hobby build. I am very interested in going with this instead of apex. My only concern is being colorblind I was really looking forward to getting the trident to make testing easier. Are there any similar products out or coming out that is compatible with the hydros?
I think the Alkatronic is compatible with the Hydros system.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe they said in thier last video that they are working on Mastertronic integration.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this controller is going to surprise a lot of people.
It’s simple design masks a wealth of control and expansion ability. I hear Oct 31 is the release date.

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not in the market for a controller and won't be for a long time (unless something happens to mine, which I do not expect to happen any time soon), but from what they've shown so far along with the price this will definitely be at the top of my list when the time comes.

I would set a system up all redundant, including brains, heaters with a separate temperature sensor to each, one sensor from each brain.

Just need to see how reliability is with these in the long run, specifically the power strips. I wonder what kind of testing they performed on them. If an advanced aging test was done, set one up to constantly cycle until it fails.

Might be overstating at this point but I'd be concerned if I were another controller manufacturer.
Your not overstating at all.
These days things advance so fast in new technology, many companies rush their products to market. Only to have their new customer becoming the beta testers.
Let's hope this isn't the case here.

Aclman88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jeff@CoralVue
We are going to offer Starter Packs:

But you'll also be able to buy the controllers individually as well as the accessories to piece together or add on to your HYDROS system:

Aside from cables, adapters, calibration fluid, etc., here are the HYDROS accessories available at launch 10/31:
  • HYDROS Smart WiFi Plug
  • HYDROS WiFi Power Strip
  • Pinpoint pH Probe
  • Pinpoint ORP Probe
  • HYDROS Temperature Probe
  • HYDROS Leak Sensor
  • HYDROS Rope Leak Sensor
  • HYDROS Rope Leak Sensor Extension
  • HYDROS ATO Kits
  • HYDROS Level Sensor
  • HYDROS Skimmer Sensor
  • HYDROS Temperature Sensor
  • HYDROS DC Solenoid Water Valve
  • HYDROS CO2 Solenoid Valve
  • HYDROS DC Water Pump
Hot on the heels of the Halloween releases, additional devices and accessories will follow. If there is something in particular you would like to see, let us know!

What setup would be best for my nano reef tank of about 20-40 gallons with a sump? I am deciding between the Hydros 2 and 4 package. Currently, I have an ATO, AI Primes and a heater on a controller (so no need to control light switches or heater at the moment). Not really sure of the differences between the two and if one is more appropriate for a reef tank than the other.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jeff@CoralVue

What setup would be best for my nano reef tank of about 20-40 gallons with a sump? I am deciding between the Hydros 2 and 4 package. Currently, I have an ATO, AI Primes and a heater on a controller (so no need to control light switches or heater at the moment). Not really sure of the differences between the two and if one is more appropriate for a reef tank than the other.

With the 2 you dont get pH monitoring. Is that necessary? Probably not, but I like having it.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 53.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.2%
Back