So who else is excited about the new HYDROS Control 4?

Aclman88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the 2 you dont get pH monitoring. Is that necessary? Probably not, but I like having it.

@Jeff@CoralVue

If i were to get the control 2 with the wifi power strip... could I plug in a 12 V water pump with a traditional outlet into the wifi power strip and use a water level sensor in the control to manage the wifi power strip, or does everythhing have to be Coralvue specific?

twistedfinn967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning I emailed SaltwaterAquarium.com as they are a vendor that I do business with. I asked them if they were going to carry the Hydros Control 4. I just received a reply stating that "Once they send us stock, yes." I'm not sure I understand the logic in withholding stock from vendors that are already selling the Wave Engine?
@Jeff@CoralVue @Carlos@CoralVue

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where will I be able to buy the CONTROL 4? I cant find any info? On sale tomorrow no?

Twitchy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait to see more folks tinkering with it, I want to see IO options, ETC. I hope they have some user dev options, maybe a nice API, etc... It reminds me of the industrial IO link modules I use at work, and that makes me smile. It has definitely caught my attention.

rob safron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance this will ever interface with a Trident? Would like to consider but don’t want to give up Trident.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Apex which works well but honestly still excited for this.

I love that it is IP-65 and that it looks modern and professional (Apex is so ugly imo). The prices look fantastic. I have several aquariums and if I decide I want another controller for one of them, I will pick this up. I really love the rope sensor too!

Aclman88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drive ports can only provide 12v, they cannot accept a sensor.

You could also have a pump plugged into a wifi outlet to control it there, the outlets are fully programmable.

Thanks... that was my other question... could I just use my own ato pump with a standard plug in the wifi outlet.

Twitchy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the control 2 and 4 will work with the Hydros wave engine, but I wanna know if the control 2 and 4 will work with the Icecap 2k and 4k Hydros enabled WIFI controllers? it just might be that bump to get me to bite, as I have stuff in the ecosystem, and didn't even know it.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Jeff@CoralVue

If i were to get the control 2 with the wifi power strip... could I plug in a 12 V water pump with a traditional outlet into the wifi power strip and use a water level sensor in the control to manage the wifi power strip, or does everythhing have to be Coralvue specific?

Any peice of equipment with120v plug can plug into the wifi strip.. You just have to have the right power supply obviously.. Any outlet on the WiFi plugstrip can be controlled by a sensor.

So if you have a pump that plugs into 120 volt outlet it will work with on or off.

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance this will ever interface with a Trident? Would like to consider but don’t want to give up Trident.
I don’t have trident and I really want one. This is the only thing preventing me from being 100% on board with getting hydros for my new build.

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have trident and I really want one. This is the only thing preventing me from being 100% on board with getting hydros for my new build.
Thats why my apex arrives in the next couple days. I was making a controller change, and i decided i really did want Trident... Still considering a control 2 on my wifes tank tho.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back