So who is going to New York? :)

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't been to one and I couldn't make it last time but will definitely go to this one. Saturday there will be more corals to choose from, but on Sunday I believe you'll get the better deals because the vendors don't want to schlep everything back home with them. For those that have been to both days did you prefer one over the other?

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going. Probably Sunday. Planning on bringing the kids and giving the wife a free day. Curious, are there usually a lot of kids at these events? Would those experienced say bring them or better to leave them home (8 and 10yo)?

I went last year and it was my first ReefAPalooza, there were a fair number of kids, but not that many. Certainly enough that you wouldn't feel like odd-man-out. I arrived Saturday afternoon and was shocked by the crowds. It was actually hard to move at times, can't imagine what it was like when it opened in the morning.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't been to one and I couldn't make it last time but will definitely go to this one. Saturday there will be more corals to choose from, but on Sunday I believe you'll get the better deals because the vendors don't want to schlep everything back home with them. For those that have been to both days did you prefer one over the other?

I plan on walking around and saying Hi to people :). I can't buy any coral as I have to drive back to Canada but i can pick up dry goods...

hubcap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are there lots of tanks/aquarium setups to look at too?
being that its only an hour from me, I'm going to do my best to go.

butrflynlambie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to buy a ticket.. but definitely going. Tank is up and running since Oct.. so i can actually buy somethings other than hardware.

Can you buy raffle tickets ahead of time like magna... or only on site? Similar to macna raffle?

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going , I missed last years because of having family over from overseas. Not missing this one.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back