Soaking Prazi in food help with ich

Bpfor3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read some antidotal account where a person soaked his food with prazi and out dueled ich in his reef. Prazi is a dewormer, but i wonder it will keep the swimmers from attaching to fish somehow. I almost 30 days fighting this crap. No lost fish, but only holding steady so looking for any answers. Already running UV, dosing peroxide, feeding heavy, etc. Prazi worth a shot?

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does not affect marine it. If you can't set up a QT, I suggest doing a month of metroplex+focus mixed with your food. Otherwise, you can always try something like ruby reef rally pro that has success in some cases killing the swimming stage of the parasite.

javisaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you should dose liquid prazi pro to food. From what I remember the other compounds in prazipro are toxic to fish when ingested. I think the powdered form is okay. Curious to see if it has any effect. Maybe try treating food with general cure + focus?

OP
OP
Bpfor3

Bpfor3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does not affect marine it. If you can't set up a QT, I suggest doing a month of metroplex+focus mixed with your food. Otherwise, you can always try something like ruby reef rally pro that has success in some cases killing the swimming stage of the parasite.
Thank you. Metro is an option as well. Have some on hand.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Praziquantel won't affect Cryptocaryon at all. Metronidazole has historically been used to treat Crypt, both orally (at 5000 ppm) or in the water as a bath at 6.6 ppm. Copper or Chloroquine work better though - in a QT of course.

Jay

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.6%
Back