Socal glass tank manufacturers

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the process of searching for a larger tank, weather prefabricated or custom order. I currently have a 90g Cadlights and seriously need to go bigger as fish and corals would appreciate it. My tank is in my bedroom so the new one will go there. My only issue is that I can only go 60 inches wide but want the largest volume possible. I want the tank to be rimless and eurobraced. I can get a 150 from my lfs with dimensions of 60×24×24. I was working with a calculator and if I went with the above dimensions but changed the depth to 30 inches it would bring it to around 190g, 40 gallons more than the 24 inch stock tank. If anyone know of a company that makes a standard 60x30x24 let me know. If custom made is my only option does anyone know of a custom builder preferably local to SoCal please list all options out there. Thanks AL

OP
OP
HB AL

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crystal Dynamics is in Oceanside and it seems like they make beautiful displays
https://cdaquarium.com/

I am looking at www.glasscages.com . a lot of great reviews with them, but they are not in SoCal.
@Joe Glass Cages
Thanks for the heads up on Crystal Dynamics, they have a standard 180g that would work but $5000 for just the tank and stand is crazy. For reference the 150 my lfs has is $1400 for the tank, stand and sump, just really want to get one with 40g+ more versus the 150g.

Upvote 0

tricky_tran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the heads up on Crystal Dynamics, they have a standard 180g that would work but $5000 for just the tank and stand is crazy. For reference the 150 my lfs has is $1400 for the tank, stand and sump, just really want to get one with 40g+ more versus the 150g.
unfortunately custom tanks will be a premium. Glass Cages seem to have decent prices, but once you add up the additional items required, it will be above $2k. maybe @Joe Glass Cages can hook you up with a christmas special :)

1607025616248.png

Upvote 0

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unfortunately custom tanks will be a premium. Glass Cages seem to have decent prices, but once you add up the additional items required, it will be above $2k. maybe @Joe Glass Cages can hook you up with a christmas special :)

1607025616248.png

That website looks familiar! Love talking tanks. Thanks so much.

Upvote 0

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump. Any other manufacturers?
for sure there are.

Below is a list of Aquarium manufactures. You have many options to explore.
1. Coast 2 Coast
2. Reef Savvy
3. Miracles Aquariums
4. Glass Cages
5. Concept Aquariums
6. Crystal Dynamics
7. Planet Aquariums
8. Advanced Acrylics
9. Midwest Custom Aquarium
10. Fish Tanks Direct
11. Custom Aquariums
12. Acrylic Tank Manufacturing
13. Tank Me USA
14. Crystal Reef Aquatics
15. Aqueon
16. Redsea
17. SCA
18. AGE
19. GEO
20. Elos
21. Exotic Aquariums
22. Waterbox
23. Cade
24. Innovative Marine

The best choice is your choice.

Here to support the this hobby the best we can.

Upvote 0

tricky_tran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for sure there are.

Below is a list of Aquarium manufactures. You have many options to explore.
1. Coast 2 Coast
2. Reef Savvy
3. Miracles Aquariums
4. Glass Cages
5. Concept Aquariums
6. Crystal Dynamics
7. Planet Aquariums
8. Advanced Acrylics
9. Midwest Custom Aquarium
10. Fish Tanks Direct
11. Custom Aquariums
12. Acrylic Tank Manufacturing
13. Tank Me USA
14. Crystal Reef Aquatics
15. Aqueon
16. Redsea
17. SCA
18. AGE
19. GEO
20. Elos
21. Exotic Aquariums
22. Waterbox
23. Cade
24. Innovative Marine

The best choice is your choice.

Here to support the this hobby the best we can.
this is one reason why I think Joe is awesome. he is not afraid to list out his competitors. but I do believe the OP is looking for Local Socal manufacturers, im guessing to help save on delivery fees.

Upvote 0

ReefEco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not local to SoCal, but in case you are branching out - here is who NOT to use since they can be one of the more affordable options - Custom Aquariums. I don't typically flame a manufacturer - but my cautionary tale about Custom Aquariums is one that I feel obligated to communicate it was so bad, to prevent fellow hobbyists from going through the same thing. And venting is cathartic too. I hired them after a ton of research to build a 400g tank/stand, and 4 other tanks. They were damaged in transit (their fault, they didn't crate the tanks correctly) and they refused to remake the 400g tank unless I accepted the also damaged stand, that we didn't even know was safe after coming loose in its crate and bouncing around for 2,000 miles and the leg levelers being stripped from the threads. They only cared about the bottom line and not having to pay return shipping to fix the damage - it was pretty stunning. One of the original reasons I chose them was because of their lifetime warranty (if you buys their stand). Considering how impossible it was to work with them on getting their damaged tanks replaced, I can only imagine how a warranty claim would go. And in the fine print in their lifetime warranty - you have to ship the tank back to them first and the condition it shows up as will determine the evaluation. So - add the crating, freight costs, and shipping risk to the ridiculousness of their warranty. Good luck there. And then there were the machining marks on the edge of the tank panels, on the main viewing panel, that they said were "normal." This on a $5k tank. Right. I'm sure they have a lot of satisfied customers out there - one of the reasons I chose them. But you don't really get to know a company and its people until things go wrong. They showed their true colors - wow. They finally punted on the entire order I assume because it was cheaper for them to declare it a complete loss, rather than fix their mistake. Had to re-place my tank order with AGE - and they have been great so far - hopefully the tanks turn out ok. Crossing my fingers the tanks arrive ok this time. Planet Aquariums and AGE are in Texas I think, so the shipping wouldn't be too far if you can't locate anyone in SoCal...
marks.jpg

Upvote 0
Back