Soda Lime Where to buy

jelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No need for more pics. I see it now that I looked on the comp. They don't show up on my phone

Rikerbear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built one for my 16 gal nano from a squeeze bottle with drilled holes in the base, hot glue, and airline tubing. My ph went from 7.8 daytime, 7.6 at night, to a steady 8.2 in about 24 hours.
It now stays rock steady.....no matter what time of day or night I check it it is always 8.2. Has been for a few weeks now.
Love me some soda lime!

neuwave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built one for my 16 gal nano from a squeeze bottle with drilled holes in the base, hot glue, and airline tubing. My ph went from 7.8 daytime, 7.6 at night, to a steady 8.2 in about 24 hours.
It now stays rock steady.....no matter what time of day or night I check it it is always 8.2. Has been for a few weeks now.
Love me some soda lime!

Awesome!
It's great to see that Ph stabilize over night.

Rikerbear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!
It's great to see that Ph stabilize over night.
I've gotten so bad in the last month about even checking the PH. I should get back in the habit of checking now and again.
I'm still on the same 1/2 cup of soda lime. Some of it has turned lavender/purplish.....but I just keep shaking the bottle and mixing it all back together.....I'll most likely change it out in another few weeks just to be on the safe side. But now with Spring truly here and Summer on its way the house will be a lot more open, so CO2 shouldn't be a factor for the next few months.

neuwave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've gotten so bad in the last month about even checking the PH. I should get back in the habit of checking now and again.
I'm still on the same 1/2 cup of soda lime. Some of it has turned lavender/purplish.....but I just keep shaking the bottle and mixing it all back together.....I'll most likely change it out in another few weeks just to be on the safe side. But now with Spring truly here and Summer on its way the house will be a lot more open, so CO2 shouldn't be a factor for the next few months.

Just don't forget that the media turns back to white after purple even though its exhausted. So just don't get confused that the media is still good. Your lucky summer is here and now. This is the time we close the windows and doors. Otherwise we melt. Lol

Rikerbear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just don't forget that the media turns back to white after purple even though its exhausted. So just don't get confused that the media is still good. Your lucky summer is here and now. This is the time we close the windows and doors. Otherwise we melt. Lol
I had no idea it went back to white UGH!
I checked my PH and it was 8.0, so still not bad but I changed the media just the same. This morning it was 8.3, so all is good again
Thanks for the heads up!

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long would 37 pounds last me on a 150g system in the basement running on a dual BRS canister year round?

After some research, this amount lasted 1 year on a 300g system and 14 months on a 600g system based on individual reports.

Last edited:

neuwave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had no idea it went back to white UGH!
I checked my PH and it was 8.0, so still not bad but I changed the media just the same. This morning it was 8.3, so all is good again
Thanks for the heads up!

Glad to be of help. Though your not the only one. A buddy of mine thought his "broke" after a month cause his ph went back down. Nope just didn't realize that his media was exhausted. When you said that you shake it up suggested to me that it might be exhausted. Lol
Glad it working so well.

Yep that's the stuff but it says one gallon for $100. You can a 5 gallon bucket for $80 max at Airgas.

How long would 37 pounds last me on a 150g system in the basement running on a dual BRS canister year round?

After some research, this amount lasted 1 year on a 300g system and 14 months on a 600g system based on individual reports.

It all depends on the the CO2 content in the air. My 5 gallon bucket/37lb lasted a little over year on a 40 gallon with anther 20ish gallons below. Though I live in Florida and the windows are closed most of the time cause of the heat. So you have to test it out and watch for it to turn purple.

Jamesmost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bringing this bringing this one back from the dead where to buy soda lime on the cheap

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back