Soft Corals: Yay or Nay? Soft corals don't have to be BLAH!

How do you feel about soft corals?

• Love them

Votes: 674 78.4%
  • Meh...

Votes: 159 18.5%
  • Hate them

Votes: 12 1.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 15 1.7%

• Total voters

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad I am better with the tank than I am at posting online. Softie tanks don’t have to be dull!!
800978F1-31A9-4B0E-AB0E-D5040CF632CB.jpeg
Looks awesome! Love it.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at MF earlier today. They are out of Pink Japanese Nepthea. I was going to treat myself but alas they are out. I have cespitularia-blue purple, and Bubble corals-white coming in from pacific east aquaculture since MF was out of what I was after. They do have an amazing looking Purple with Green Polyps Sinularia but unless I picked something else up didn't want to pay shipping for one item.

Edit: i see you ordered the sinularia - please share a pic once it settles in if you don't mind. I may have to find a few things to order to fill in shipping cost :D

Will do! I got a message about shipping out next week and there was no mention of the nepthea being out so we'll see if that shows or not.

Bfoot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several different sinularia, Kenya trees, lobophyton, couple of gorgonians, Xenia, gsp, duncan, rhodactis, and a unidentified chalice, Montipora and green slimer acro from my last aquarium

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at MF earlier today. They are out of Pink Japanese Nepthea. I was going to treat myself but alas they are out. I have cespitularia-blue purple, and Bubble corals-white coming in from pacific east aquaculture since MF was out of what I was after. They do have an amazing looking Purple with Green Polyps Sinularia but unless I picked something else up didn't want to pay shipping for one item.

Edit: i see you ordered the sinularia - please share a pic once it settles in if you don't mind. I may have to find a few things to order to fill in shipping cost :D

Japanese Pink Nepthea arrived with everything else yesterday. Everyone is in temp locations, they were pretty ***** yesterday. I'll see how they look today as the lights ramp up - I'll also need to rearrange to get them in their official homes. Photos soon! Hopefully! Did you get your pea order?

U

User1

View Badges
Japanese Pink Nepthea arrived with everything else yesterday. Everyone is in temp locations, they were pretty ***** yesterday. I'll see how they look today as the lights ramp up - I'll also need to rearrange to get them in their official homes. Photos soon! Hopefully! Did you get your pea order?

Glad every arrived safely.

No. Not yet. Waiting to ship a few days due to hotter weather here in California. I don't think there would be a issue but I tend to play it a bit safe sometimes I guess.

KenO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several different sinularia, Kenya trees, lobophyton, couple of gorgonians, Xenia, gsp, duncan, rhodactis, and a unidentified chalice, Montipora and green slimer acro from my last aquarium
Thanks!

Ef4life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never been a huge fan of soft corals besides mushrooms, ricordea, clove polyps, and zoas.

Here’s a time lapse video of feeding one of my yumas

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 75 gal softie tank, upgraded from a 32 biocube around 2 weeks ago (both pictured) . I'm looking forward to filling it out. On the list are a blue cespitularia and a yellow fiji leather. I'd love a Japanese pink nepthea too. I don't want to overfill it because the point is to let those softies get big and grand. The green nepthea in the left corner was completely taking over the Biocube. I wanted to let it shine instead of always cutting it back :)

20200923_164704.jpg 20201004_145518-01.jpeg

OlderManSea

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the recent discussion and images of amazing tanks, I have been inspired to begin to collect a few specimens which will go into a 90 gallon soon. On the small side for many softies, but I have the bug. Here is a Tonga yellow toadstool I picked up about a month ago shot from the top. This was shot at 14k where it is more yellow than 20k. At 20k the purplish areas here are more glowing and much of the yellow except for the brightest areas take on light green hue. The polyps are green at any color temp.

Tonga yellow toadstool 20201005.jpg

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the recent discussion and images of amazing tanks, I have been inspired to begin to collect a few specimens which will go into a 90 gallon soon. On the small side for many softies, but I have the bug. Here is a Tonga yellow toadstool I picked up about a month ago shot from the top. This was shot at 14k where it is more yellow than 20k. At 20k the purplish areas here are more glowing and much of the yellow except for the brightest areas take on light green hue. The polyps are green at any color temp.

Tonga yellow toadstool 20201005.jpg
LOVE my Tongan as well! Posted a pic just here recently on the thread!

Love the shape of yours!!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back