Softies that look nice in whiter lighting?

sweeder.tanks

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I’m currently in the research phase for my first ever saltwater/reef tank. Going to be getting the Fluval Evo 13.5 gal and keep the stock lighting - which is quite white! I was wondering if there are any soft corals that look nice under this type of lighting?

AS

Bars

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I feel like most softies (except maybe zoas, not all of them look that good under mostly white) don't need a lot of blue to look good. You might not get the neon colors you'd get under lots of blues, but they'll still have plenty of color.

Right now I run my tank a little bluer than I used to, but my green devil's hand, neon green finger coral and blue kenya tree still looked great with a lot of white. I also loooove toadstools with long, white polyps. They look great under both blue and white.

Corals.com

Sharkbait19

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
My tank on whites, lots of softies
B9AC2616-6129-4758-B107-90CADBD53052.jpeg

The leathers, cloves, Xenia, and gsp all look great on whites. As do the zoas.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I recently bought a figi yellow leather that when I added it to my blue heavy tank looked pretty brown. I contacted the vendor and he told me that these leathers will look brown in bluer light and more yellow in whiter light.
Not sure I believe him, but that was his explanation.
I always like the figi yellow leathers. Had a couple back in the day when we used mh lighting.

AS
TSM Aquatics