SolaRay 4K Sphere LED is a 6yo Reef Light Rebadge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The SolaRay 4K Sphere LED Reef Light from Coral’s Coral would be a very interesting light with a novel form factor if we hadn’t already seen this exact light more than six years ago. At InterZoo 2016 we acknowledged the creative design of the Sanrise Aqua Planet LED light which was subsequently renamed the M031…
Source

Continue reading...

Echidna09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, Nick from Coral's Coral here! While this article does share some good points about manufacturing, there are several assumptions and inaccuracies regarding the SolaRay 4k. Since we have reached out to your guys about these assumptions and inaccuracies already but haven't seen any changes made to the article, we wanted to clear those up for everyone.

The Sanrise fixture mentioned in the article was the first iteration of our light, and while the SolaRay still shares the unique form factor, several of the most important functional aspects have been updated.

First, an additional LED was added to the center of the puck. Big deal, right?!
1f609.png
But that's not all - along with that, the entire arrangement of LED bulbs was redone, and the spectrum of each bulb was also revisited and tweaked. This alone gives you an entirely new experience.

Additionally, the original plastic optics that had separate focal points on each individual bulb have been replaced with an ultra-clear, wide angle glass dome, which aids in better color mixing, spread, light penetration, and will never be burned or melted by the LEDs.

Finally, the arm was updated, which is now lower profile, sturdier, and better at hiding cables to give a sleeker look.
We've continued to get great feedback from people that have the SolaRay 4k over their reef, and we know if you give it a shot you'll love it too.

We hope this clears up some confusion and gives you a clearer picture of how the SolaRay 4k can benefit your reef. Let us know if you have any other questions!

I attached images to show the differences between the LED chips from the Sanrise fixture versus the SolaRay 4k

SolaRay4kLEDChip.png Sanrise2016LEDChip.png

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back