• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

***SOLD*** Mint Condition 48" Giesemann Spectra Fixture - 2 x SE MH + 4 x 54w T5

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have made the tough decision to sell my 48" Giesemann Spectra light fixture. It is in flawless condition.

Features:
  • Houses two SE metal halide bulbs and four 54w T5 bulbs.
  • Each metal halide is on its own power cable and the T5 bulbs are on a third power cable.
  • My particular unit is finished in the twin layer, high gloss powder coated finish. Most of them that you see are finished in the flat, textured finish.
  • Corrosion Resistant Aluminum/Magnesium Alloy Body.
  • The entire fixture is a heatsink... so no fans. It is dead silent.
  • Includes hanging cables.
  • Designed and manufactured in Germany.
  • It truly is a piece of art hanging over the tank.
  • I also have 2 dimmable, 250 watt Reef Brite MH ballasts for sale. Will make a heck of a deal on them if you purchase with the fixture.
  • I have metal halide and T5 bulbs that I will throw in for free... still 6 months life left on them.
Asking $800 + shipping. Please post or message for a shipping quote.

Last edited:

The0wn4g3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be possible to put this fixture inside a canopy or would you expect heat to be too much of a problem?

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be possible to put this fixture inside a canopy or would you expect heat to be too much of a problem?

Yes, but one of two things would need to happen if it's a canopy that actually sits on the tank:

• If the canopy is completely closed off on the top, then some computer fans would need to be cut into the top of the canopy to pull the warm air out of the canopy.
  • Or, if possible, completely run an open top canopy and suspend the Giesemann fixture into the canopy. The fixture could be bracketed into the sides of the canopy, eliminating the need for the hanging kit.

qnguyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG. What an awesome deal. Where were you four months ago when I paid $2,000 for the same custom ordered unit from Giesemann!! GLWS

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG. What an awesome deal. Where were you four months ago when I paid $2,000 for the same custom ordered unit from Giesemann!! GLWS

Dang, that would have been great for both of us!

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to have this fixture but with a 48x24x24 tank and a Giesemann Infiniti already I hate to change when things are doing so well.

I mean, it would fit perfect over that tank! Never hurts to have a backup fixture :)

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trust me it keeps running through my mind

1584545408760.png

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^^^^ Too funny I remember when you bought that light. So sad to see you leave. YOu are a great inspiration to lots of people.

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^^^^ Too funny I remember when you bought that light. So sad to see you leave. YOu are a great inspiration to lots of people.

Oh I'm not going anywhere... preparing for the next "adventure"!

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
***SOLD***

Thanks for all of the interest!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trust me it keeps running through my mind

When I first read this thread I didn't take a back-up fixture seriously. My lights have failed and now I'm waiting for this fixture to arrive in the mail. It can't come soon enough now!

Thank @Broadfield :)

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is in flawless condition.
For the Record: I found fingerprints on the fixture, otherwise "Flawless" was accurate.

But wait there is more:
When I was going to college I worked on a freight dock moving boxes, tires, drums of liquid, boxes of candy (these packages often broke open during "movements") and packaging items for LTL shipments is an art, imo. @Broadfield repackaged this fixture, ballasts, bulbs, and hangers with copious amounts of bubble wrap, paper dunnage, non-sticky painters tape, and everything arrived flawlessly except for the box he crafted which had two holes that looked as if a forklift's forks may have speared & punctured the cardboard skin. No broken glass, no scratched paint, no issues at all! Thank you for the careful packaging. It survived the cross country freight system and the light was unscathed.

I was not familiar with the hanging kit but I did manage to get the electricity rewired and the light was so bright my fish freaked out wondering perhaps if the Lord was returning as the sky above them was brilliantly lit from the flawless Geisemann Fixture that I have happily purchased from Broadfield.

I wanted to leave this brief documentation here to inform folk who might come searching for information and in this case my strong buy recommendation to purchase from Broadfield without fear whatever he might be advertising for sale.

He even provided a photograph to guide me in the reassembly of the electrical connections!
Flawless transaction. Thank you for the new light.

Respectfully
Kris

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the Record: I found fingerprints on the fixture, otherwise "Flawless" was accurate.

But wait there is more:
When I was going to college I worked on a freight dock moving boxes, tires, drums of liquid, boxes of candy (these packages often broke open during "movements") and packaging items for LTL shipments is an art, imo. @Broadfield repackaged this fixture, ballasts, bulbs, and hangers with copious amounts of bubble wrap, paper dunnage, non-sticky painters tape, and everything arrived flawlessly except for the box he crafted which had two holes that looked as if a forklift's forks may have speared & punctured the cardboard skin. No broken glass, no scratched paint, no issues at all! Thank you for the careful packaging. It survived the cross country freight system and the light was unscathed.

I was not familiar with the hanging kit but I did manage to get the electricity rewired and the light was so bright my fish freaked out wondering perhaps if the Lord was returning as the sky above them was brilliantly lit from the flawless Geisemann Fixture that I have happily purchased from Broadfield.

I wanted to leave this brief documentation here to inform folk who might come searching for information and in this case my strong buy recommendation to purchase from Broadfield without fear whatever he might be advertising for sale.

He even provided a photograph to guide me in the reassembly of the electrical connections!
Flawless transaction. Thank you for the new light.

Respectfully
Kris

I really appreciate the feedback Kris... and thanks for the purchase! I hope you enjoy its beauty and function as much as I did. I told myself I would never sell it and just hang on to it... but I really needed the funds in order to start my next project. Please post a pic or two here once you have everything set up. Oh, sorry about the fingerprints... that's uncharacteristic of me:).

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back