• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

[SOLD] OG Colorado Sunburst

RandyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
[SOLD]

Up for sale is an OG Colorado Sunburst (CSB) bubble tip anemone. The CSB measures approximately 3" tip-to-tip. I originally received my CSB from r2r user Maximus. His CSB BTAs have lineage back to the original source of the Colorado Sunburst, Keys Island Aquarium in Colorado. WYSIWYG. Feel free to ask any questions or request other pictures if you would like to see more.

Top View
CSB_for_sale_20191106_6756.jpg

Bottom/Foot View
CSB_for_sale_20191108_6766.jpg

----------
** Pictures Taken under Radion xr15w Pro G4s with spectrum setting at 18,500K.

** DOA policy: Guaranteed live arrival if shipment received and opened within 2 hours of first delivery attempt. I am not responsible for shipper delays, shipper errors, or acts of God. Picture or video of coral or anemone in the original bag PRIOR to opening is required as well as after opening. Must provide temperature of water in bag immediately upon opening for DOA purposes. Coral or anemone will be replaced in the event of a DOA if available with a like-sized piece in a reasonable timeframe or the purchase price will be refunded minus cost of shipping. Costs of shipping are the responsibility of buyer.

** Payment must be received within 2 hours of agreement to purchase otherwise I reserve the right to move onto another buyer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RandyC

RandyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What are the defining characteristics of a CSB?

- bright, really bright
- tentacles are usually orange to reddish-orange with yellow tips. The very base of tentacles may start out with some green. Occasionally, depending on lighting the tentacles can almost be mostly yellow.
- tips should be yellow. There will be no pink or purple on the tip.
- green oral disk with considerable amount of striations throughout
- foot is marbled with pink and red (looks kinda like pink marbled beef). Green streaks (under blue lighting) may or may not be present
- original BTA that started this whole craze came from Key Islands (Ki) Aquarium in Colorado. An OG Colorado Sunburst should be able to be traced back to this source.

Last edited:

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW in 2007 three people had Colorados that I know of myself, Cherry Corals and Joe Knows Reef.
I obtained mine from Key's and about 20 people have my clones. (I no longer have them)

OP
OP
RandyC

RandyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
FWIW in 2007 three people had Colorados that I know of myself, Cherry Corals and Joe Knows Reef.
I obtained mine from Key's and about 20 people have my clones. (I no longer have them)

Thanks for the added info. I know that Maximus got his CSB from you and for quite a while he was one of the main sources of CSBs in the Bay Area. I was lucky enough to score one from him almost 2 years ago.

Flyin High

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy-

do you have any photos of the sides of the anemone when it’s closed up? I’m curious if it has small speckled spots on their underside (not the foot). Thank you

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back