Solenoid Failure?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any way one can systematically determine whether or not a solenoid valve has gotten stuck in either the open or closed position? Might an 832 be able to id such a problem?

TIA...

OP
OP
radiata

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK ~ nobody that clever...

Is there a warranty on the Apex solenoid? Does it cover the solenoid getting stuck in the ON position?

Any negative experience with Apex' solenoid?

Jamie7907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The solenoids are cheap rebranded Chinese crap and I’ve had several problems with them but ultimately every time it was actually the apex and not the Solenoid. The worst was when the fmm needed updated and somehow the apex forgot there was an fmm and the solenoids controlling 3 different ro/di systems quit working. Other times I’ve just had to remove the module and reinstall it and they work again pia for sure but I’ve yet to actually have one of the point of sale actually fail it was always an apex issue. If you can try moving it to a different port either on the fmm or an available one on the eb832 to test it. Also you can just blow through it when it should be open and when it should be closed to see if it functions but if it’s actually the port that’s not working that’s not a definitive test for the solenoid.

Fritzhamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is plumbed into a float valve in case of failure.

OP
OP
radiata

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you both for the suggestions.

I know it was the valve that failed - it was plugged into the same single EB8 outlet that I have my RO pressure pump on. The pump wasn't running, but I still had a trickle of water being produced. Blowing through the valve confirmed that it was stuck in the open position. It came from eBay, cost 10 or 12 dollars, and was made in the USA. It failed the first week I put it on-line. I took it apart yesterday and put it back on-line awaiting completion of a full cycle.

I might try float valve solution. It would probably work better that putting two solenoids on the same water line.

What I'm also considering is putting two more optical sensors on the 55g drum I use to collect the water in. One would go above the sensor that shuts the RO/DI off to let me know of a failure. The other would go below the sensor that turns the RO/DI on, also to let me know of a failure.

Back