Some form of aptasia?

Reef of Fillory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I bought some live rock from a system locally and I've got a bunch of these things on my rocks - mostly in the Uner side of the rock in the pic.

I thought at first that these are aptasia, but they don't look like the aptasia I've seen in the past.

Can anyone help with an ID and whether aptasia X would work to get rid of them?

Hopefully the pic is okay - the phone camera picks up a TON of blue in the pictures (pretty white to the eyes).

PXL_20210126_002415532.MP.jpg PXL_20210126_002406176.MP.jpg PXL_20210126_002345166.MP.jpg

Strangewaterchange

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ball anemone

OP
OP
Reef of Fillory

Reef of Fillory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ball anemone

Thank you!! I tried searching Google images and came up short. Seems that on the thread you linked that people generally don't have issues with them?

I might have to get rid of that one in the picture because it's where I'd like to place a monti - do you have any experience with them?

Strangewaterchange

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!! I tried searching Google images and came up short. Seems that on the thread you linked that people generally don't have issues with them?

I might have to get rid of that one in the picture because it's where I'd like to place a monti - do you have any experience with them?
I personally do not have any experience with them, but from what I've read - I would try aiptasia x if you already have it, and apparently injecting with lemon juice can work. I know injecting them with a kalk paste can work for aiptasia but not sure about these guys

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 45 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back