Green Hair Algae battleplan?

• Total voters

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gotta say planning sump room has me recharged a bit for reefing. Miss all the friends who left over the lgbt thread deletion still tho :(
to Be honest before I hurt my back changing filter socks was not my strength so looking at filter rollers and found some nice options for sumps

Keep us posted on that roller mat if you do wind up getting it. I’m very interested in getting one, lots of people swear by them. As of right now I dont have any sort of debris filter because No way am I ever using socks again

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@PanchoG hey my friend tank is ok pretty much no hands in it for 7 months and it figured it’s self out.
@Murica basement is in hold while replacing Appliances :( will get there eventually.
sry for bit late response been spending More time exploring and trying to support other reef sites. Lost a lot of folks I was close to after lgbtq crack down so try to keep up with them elsewhere and still follow folks here too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salutations and greetings salt aholics
Just a drive by yo say aim alive :) Spend most time other sites but still trying to keep a eye on a few here.
As for me still having back pain fighting with workers comp trying yo get treatment so no moves on any new system.
preseng system mostly auto pilot letting it go wild. I did try to do something raise duh a touch and went over….;Facepalm
presently 11 DKH PO4 0.04 Nitrates 20ish.
GSP out of control starting on back glass which is kinda coo. Xenia covering overflow also kinda cool. I’ve got some. Lean rock covered in coralline in sump thinking swapping big gsp,rock out with it on right hand side and just keeping back wall going. Kenya is happy toadstools not so much with the dkh spike :rolleyes:
here’s my view from the couch Take care friends Rarge in Da Cage will be lurking still
50D18D16-1EF8-49B6-A24D-BEFE42B65867.jpeg

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a drive by yo say aim alive :) Spend most time other sites but still trying to keep a eye on a few here.
As for me still having back pain fighting with workers comp trying yo get treatment so no moves on any new system.
preseng system mostly auto pilot letting it go wild. I did try to do something raise duh a touch and went over….;Facepalm
GSP out of control starting on back glass which is kinda coo. Xenia covering overflow also kinda cool. I’ve got some. Lean rock covered in coralline in sump thinking swapping big gsp,rock out with it on right hand side and just keeping back wall going. Kenya is happy toadstools not so much with the dkh spike :rolleyes:
here’s my view from the couch Take care friends Rarge in Da Cage will be lurking still
Looking good my my friend! Good to read you here.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good my my friend! Good to read you here.
Thanks Pancho. I’m not super active here since the “flap” with many I was close to left permanently but cant leave others I follow cause you all rock!

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your letting it go wild strategy I have to say looks amazing. I love GSP. Always afraid it will overrun my tank but now that I see yours I might let it go wild too.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Battle of the coral weeds! Xenia on overflow GSP on back and left glass wonder which will rule
It’s alive 75 gallon saltwater

It’s alive 75 gallon saltwater

after no water changes past year only negative on ICP iodine cobalt manganese which I dosed and sent new ICP out for.

Mel has been tossing sand around I think I need to add some deothngirgyhe fat little bugger….

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello salt fiends, not much more than auto pilot still with exception of water station. My back doesn't let me do long lengths of activity but breaking projects down still Makin bit o progress.
Tomorrow hope to finish auto rodi station up. I'm bumping up to 6 stages with a booster pump. Looking to improve on water usage lower the waste as well as increase daily ugh production.
Will be nice to have water being made on demand. Looking at storage next found some 63 gallon screw top barrels to daisy chain may roll with 3 of them 2 rodi one salt.
Tank algae is only film on glass cpl spots cyano on sand. I stirred tank up scape wise rearranging spiked nitrates but it's settling again.
Will try and get some pics soon

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Raege in da cage
6 stage rodi and booster plumbed in and rocking. Nice increase in production up to 30 gallons in 3 .5 hours now.
getting electrical work estimates for basement sump area soon.
wheels are turning but just gonna be sloooooowly :p
I need to play with new phone to get pics. I got a cheap 5g phone and the 4 cameras don’t play with the filter clips I have and not familiar with built in functions yet
Another electronic note have a new apex, dos , and trident coming. Figured time to retire the lite version if we’re gonna be bigger :)

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Raege in da cage
6 stage rodi and booster plumbed in and rocking. Nice increase in production up to 30 gallons in 3 .5 hours now.
getting electrical work estimates for basement sump area soon.
wheels are turning but just gonna be sloooooowly :p
I need to play with new phone to get pics. I got a cheap 5g phone and the 4 cameras don’t play with the filter clips I have and not familiar with built in functions yet
Another electronic note have a new apex, dos , and trident coming. Figured time to retire the lite version if we’re gonna be bigger :)
That's great! takes me whole day to make 30 gals.
(But yes, no pics = never happened :D:D)

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1522EF9E-79F3-4BBA-921C-9CF81DE10FE7.jpeg
A48CC279-0EA0-4555-81DB-28C4BCA6F081.jpeg

I was going to clean the glass but I had to wash my hamsters hair walk my snail then the snails had eggs on glass so no can do . Anyway you can still see fish so it’s mostly clean. Not sure why but I’d rather clean skimmer cup than scrape glass lately…

Back