Some of our favorite clown video shots in the wild

Nezmo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This starts with a family of the spectacular blue-striped clowns in their stylish purple carpet anemone. The larger female was doing some house cleaning around the mouth of the anemone to remove some sand particles.
Then we have a look at the largest tomato clown colony I have ever seen. Usually when you spot clowns on the reef, there's a host anemone with a pair of adults and some juveniles, but this was a huge grouping of green BTA's with clowns in every direction. I would estimate that it was about 35 feet across, and the clowns all had their own BTA to call home. The coral had died off and the skeleton was a landscape of nooks and crannies that the anemones began filling in. After they split, the new one just moved to the next convenient hole, and as the clowns developed, they could easily find a new house in the developing anemone condo community. I don't know how long this all took to develop, but it was an impressive sight. We hit a few other species after leaving clown town, and for Pixar fans, we end with a visit from Dory.
We invite you to subscribe to our channel to keep up with the latest video updates, and check out some of what we have in there of particular interest to our fellow aquarists.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtiaiesuKrYlwg6aJWeiR0g?sub_confirmation=1

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing :)

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back