Some Par readings of Chinese Boxes, Radions and T5 combo

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I would post some of my mapping on my tank recently. With some conclusions.. tank is

96 x 31 x 31. deep tank. The radions set at 14 inches above the tank as do the T5. The chinese black boxes are angles and so they sit a bit closer on the edges but again are slanted..

A few pics.. two of the tank.. left side par mapped out. right not done yet and a pic of lights above.

Lighting on the tank

Radion 3gen pros - six units running center
T5 48 inch - 8 total
6 it2080 evergrow (older chinese black boxes) - run the front and back of the tank angled to prevent shadows.

The pics below show the lights above the tank.. 6 it2080 evergrow (chinese black boxes) 4 48 inch T5 bulbs per side for total of 8 and 6 Gen 3 pro radions that run the center

The pic below was done to map out par.
The first number is the T5 bulbs with the IT2080 evergrow only ..The radions are not on at all . "ALL OFF"

The second set of numbers is with also the radions gen 3 pro on. Using Apex Fusion lighting Scheme used is the SPd phx14 mod at 70%.

The third to see if any real bumbs is a test of the radions with all others still on but Radions at 100% same lighting scheme. note I did not read all par at all sites at 100%

some conclusions..

although not shown by numbers on the pic and map, I noticed that the T5 causes a decrease of about 50 par when off
using radions increased par around 100 to 150 with average say about 130

Bumping up the radions to 100% really only served to increase the par at the top by 50 60 points. Seems the higher up the greater the bump when increasing intensity from 70 to 100 Percent. Note the light scheme uses blues at 100 settings and whites much less. This might be the logic for the higher up the greater the bump in par when going from 70 to 100%

Par Readings .jpg LIghts over tank .jpg Tank Right side no par yet.jpg

OP
OP
chicago

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is a pic of the tank taken a year or so ago.. tank has been up and running for over 15 years. two years ago got hit with ick and more again.. did a total make over and hypo and more.. taking long ti
New Rock work on tank.jpg
me to get back to its glory..

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back