Some pics from my Zoa and Paly Growout Tank

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5F14729A-4830-40DF-BCA7-F3B328BF84B9.jpeg
Looks very close to them for sure but mine are alot darker at the moment.

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats a Hassle Paly?
They are getting harder and harder to find. For some reason they seem to do better in Germany than here in the U.S. There used to be pics on zoa id.com(?) but couldn't find the site. I did however find this pic in google images....

upload_2019-5-10_14-56-33.png

OP
OP
305Reefer

305Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are getting harder and harder to find. For some reason they seem to do better in Germany than here in the U.S. There used to be pics on zoa id.com(?) but couldn't find the site. I did however find this pic in google images....

I had a feeling you were setting me up.. lol

EastCoastScaping

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everytime I see zoa frag tanks with zoa colonies like this it makes me wanna set up a zoa only tank and just grow out colonies for fun... amazing pictures btw, everything looks happy and so colorful

Paul J

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is formala there some where to have such suscess. Would you share it with us all?

OP
OP
305Reefer

305Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the middle zoas (orange and black) are CB Maul Godz
Screenshot_2019-05-11-08-26-57.png

I think Cornbread bought some nightmares for $20, renamed them Maul Godz and sells them for $100PP to suckers lol.. I looked up Maul Godz, couldn't find any photos of them... But im pretty sure (rare thing in the zoa world) that these are KO Nightmares, also often referred to as Infareds.

Ethan Zier

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Cornbread bought some nightmares for $20, renamed them Maul Godz and sells them for $100PP to suckers lol.. I looked up Maul Godz, couldn't find any photos of them... But im pretty sure (rare thing in the zoa world) that these are KO Nightmares, also often referred to as Infareds.
Screenshot_2019-01-29-18-06-49.png

Yeah I don't know from what line they originated from but heres what I first thought of when I saw them.. I bought some off of eBay but don't have a decent picture of them. Again, not 100% on the name.
Maul GODz.jpg

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I thought these were KO Nightmares?
0F2BCBB9-C265-4899-A528-462D5A26008B.jpeg 1AA7D770-B18B-4101-8F63-A342CC1017D7.jpeg 023E76D7-4153-4ABC-BBB8-B67FCF97BE1F.jpeg

Michael Naegeli

Captainspando
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha have seen too many Zoa w multiple names... kinda funny people get so bent out shape over Zoa names.. however I’ve had those as well and bought as Infareds. What an off the chain collection you have man.. geez, must say finest I ever saw well done

OP
OP
305Reefer

305Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah i've seen KO nightmares referring to the ones that look like campfires/el corazons/afterburners/vdms, etc... and Ive also seen the name referring to the infrared ones.. Mine are definitely the infrared ones... Maybe ill just use the infrared name to not confuse people...

The VDM, Rainbow VDM, Campfire, Afterburner, El Corazon, Magahat, also confuses people...but they are all different too.. Heres a pic of all of mine sitting together.

compare.jpg

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah i've seen KO nightmares referring to the ones that look like campfires/el corazons/afterburners/vdms, etc... and Ive also seen the name referring to the infrared ones.. Mine are definitely the infrared ones... Maybe ill just use the infrared name to not confuse people...

The VDM, Rainbow VDM, Campfire, Afterburner, El Corazon, Magahat, also confuses people...but they are all different too.. Heres a pic of all of mine sitting together.

compare.jpg
Crazy awesome collection for sure. I tried to identify to one’s I posted above for the longest time and thought I had then ID’d. Now I have no clue what they are.. ugh!

Lilmatty5dimes

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

compare.jpg

Now I can tell you that vdm, campfire, and el corazons are different. I’ve had all three and none of them look the same.

A few of the big vendors out there will get something in and change the name to something new so they can fetch higher dollar for it.

OP
OP
305Reefer

305Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I can tell you that vdm, campfire, and el corazons are different. I’ve had all three and none of them look the same.

A few of the big vendors out there will get something in and change the name to something new so they can fetch higher dollar for it.

Soooo many people do this... Makes things a bit confusing. But its everyone's fault, not just the vendors. That's why I like taking good pictures because even if they name is wrong you really know what you are getting..

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 33 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back