Some things that could make your site more helpful

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love live aquaria, your selection is always nice and the detailed information you have on each fish is excellent. That said, sometimes, I find the sheer volume of specimens you carry to be a lot to look through. I would love it if you could leverage your data into filters.

For instance "Tank Size: X Gallons" could show you all of the fish that you recommend be kept in that size tank or smaller. Or "Reef Safe Only" shows you all the fish that are reef safe, or perhaps even "Reef Safe with Caution" shows you both Reef Safe and Reef Safe with Caution fish, but highlights the cautioned ones in the search query. Or even a "Recommended Fish" if a Reefer puts in their current stock list, tank size, substrate depth, etc. This could work excellently for notifications from new Stock/Diver's Den stuff too.

Just food for thought.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know running a business is hard, but come on. some of the prices on certain fish are way off. I found a fish that usually sell at around $100 and they listed $400.

I am pretty sure running a business is to make a profit but if consumers are scared away by this reduculous prices, who will buy from you. At the end, it’s not the consumers lost, it’s yours!

I used to ordered from LA a lot!

OP
OP
JNalley

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know running a business is hard, but come on. some of the prices on certain fish are way off. I found a fish that usually sell at around $100 and they listed $400.

I am pretty sure running a business is to make a profit but if consumers are scared away by this reduculous prices, who will buy from you. At the end, it’s not the consumers lost, it’s yours!

I used to ordered from LA a lot!
I mean... I created this thread for site suggestions... if you wanted to complain about prices, why not create your own thread for that?

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love live aquaria, your selection is always nice and the detailed information you have on each fish is excellent. That said, sometimes, I find the sheer volume of specimens you carry to be a lot to look through. I would love it if you could leverage your data into filters.

For instance "Tank Size: X Gallons" could show you all of the fish that you recommend be kept in that size tank or smaller. Or "Reef Safe Only" shows you all the fish that are reef safe, or perhaps even "Reef Safe with Caution" shows you both Reef Safe and Reef Safe with Caution fish, but highlights the cautioned ones in the search query. Or even a "Recommended Fish" if a Reefer puts in their current stock list, tank size, substrate depth, etc. This could work excellently for notifications from new Stock/Diver's Den stuff too.

Just food for thought.
@JNalley Thank you for taking the time to make these suggestions. They have been forwarded for further review.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back