SOMETHING BETTER THAN AIPTASIA X???

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So ive used aiptasia x in my 5g and it just seemed to make the problem worse.....now i have 2 or 3 in my 20g long and idk if i should use it. In my 5g it seemed to make the problem alot worse. Wondering if theres a better way w/o buying a peppermint shrimp or berghia. Please lmk what you guys think.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting to become a fan of Frank's F-Aiptasia.

BRS claim that it, along with a good deal of work, has reclaimed one of their tanks that was overrun with them.

Happily, I've only got one or two popping up every other month or so. F-Aiptasia appears to work pretty well at keeping them in check.

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fighting aiptasia now actually and F Aiptasia has been working great. I was using just kalk paste but i could keep up.

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vote for franks also. IME sucking out the body after a covering it with franks works best. Best to warm the stuff up also as it thickens fast and is hard to pull into syringe sometimes even after mixing.
Kalk works too, but injection into the disk seems to be necessary to really kill whereas franks can simply cover and it will kill. This stuff will hurt coral too tho so be careful (another reason I siphon out the body and debris).

saltybees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
flamethrower GIF

Unregistered1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they all work about the same. Some times you just have to remove the rock and stab it with an ice pick lol

reefinatl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Superglue gel and then some reef epoxy over it if you want extra security. All those chemical fixes can work but can also just kill it too slowly and it has time to spread. Encapsulate it inside its little hole and it'll die there.

JuniorB721

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been successful with Aptasia X but I've noticed that the delivery is what really matters. If you smack them around before they are coated they'll poof a bunch of babies into the water which can lay dormant for some time. One mis-step and you could be dealing with the consequences for months. Persistence and a slow steady hand were key for me.

JayLu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found for me Franks works way better than all of the other chemical methods, store bought or home made. It’s almost like a glue that really sticks to the aiptasia. It does pretty much kills any coral it gets on, so you have to be careful with it.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing I’ve ever used was kalk paste .
injected into the centre of the oral disk ( in their mouth )

I’ve done quite a few but haven’t tested afterwards but didn’t notice any difference .

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back