Something Growing out of Green Zoa

Hoodb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm relatively new to the reef hobby and after I cycled the tank I've had a couple of clownfish and coral fragments for about a month.

There seem to be a couple of clear tubes with a solid dark colour around the tip. I've asked the LFS and they said it may be a new polyp growing but it seems quite higher than the surrounding polyps and growing out the middle of some when open so I'm worried about what it is as I can't find something similar online. There were larger ones previously there but disappeared (crab victim I assume) but a couple more showed up so below are a couple of photos:

Photo1.png
Photo2.png

OP
OP
H

Hoodb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about that. The coral closed up so I'm hoping it's a bit easier to see for you. If not, I'll try to get a different/better camera. It appears as though it's two tubes side by side.
Group 29.png
Group 28 (1).png

OP
OP
H

Hoodb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No need to apologize, thank you very much for the response!

Given its location, it's hard to get a different angle but I'm hoping the below are better to see. If not I may have to try to get a better camera or find something to put behind it so the transparent tubes are easier to see.

Group 30.png
Group 32.png
Group 31.png

OP
OP
H

Hoodb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much for taking the time to respond, I really appreciate it. And will definitely look into that.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about that. The coral closed up so I'm hoping it's a bit easier to see for you. If not, I'll try to get a different/better camera. It appears as though it's two tubes side by side.
Group 29.png
Group 28 (1).png

That looks like new growth!

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0

Rubberfrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m on an iPad and my tired old eyes couldn’t make it out in the OP’s picture. I had to look at my screen through my Flipper magnifying glass.
LOL!
I'm on my phone and could only make out a clear version of the thing on the mucinex commercial.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 27 49.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • None.

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.5%

Back