Something in my tank beat the heck out of my YWG, but my QT is currently medicated. How should i proceed?

rennjidk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have 2 banggai cardinals in my 10g qt under going copperpower @ 2.0 and GC. Would it be better to remove him from the DT and drop him into the medicated tank until he recovers?
20221012_180845-1.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I currently have 2 banggai cardinals in my 10g qt under going copperpower @ 2.0 and GC. Would it be better to remove him from the DT and drop him into the medicated tank until he recovers?
20221012_180845-1.jpg
Yes it can go into treatment tank but the question is " Who dunn it " . What other occupants do you have in tank?
Are you providing adequate hidings spots for YWG ?

OP
OP
rennjidk

rennjidk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it can go into treatment tank but the question is " Who dunn it " . What other occupants do you have in tank?
Are you providing adequate hidings spots for YWG ?
It's a peaceful community tank. I've never seen any aggression from any members so far and most have been together over a year. I added a tiger pistol shrimp a month ago and they paired up quickly, The YWG now lives in the shrimp caves in the sand, but I strongly suspecting it as the culprit.

Stocking: 2 clowns, royal gramma, lawnmower blenny, TPS, peppermint shrimp, infant emerald crab.

I know that these are "semi aggressive" but I haven't seen it thus far and they are in a 3ft 30gal with plenty of rockwork habitat.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It's a peaceful community tank. I've never seen any aggression from any members so far and most have been together over a year. I added a tiger pistol shrimp a month ago and they paired up quickly, The YWG now lives in the shrimp caves in the sand, but I strongly suspecting it as the culprit.

Stocking: 2 clowns, royal gramma, lawnmower blenny, TPS, peppermint shrimp, infant emerald crab.

I know that these are "semi aggressive" but I haven't seen it thus far and they are in a 3ft 30gal with plenty of rockwork habitat.
Ahh, yes. Ive heard of tiger pistols turning on their buddies. You can set your cell phone on veide mode and aim at their little spot for about an hour and walk away. Come back and review video and see if you notice anything.

OP
OP
rennjidk

rennjidk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh, yes. Ive heard of tiger pistols turning on their buddies. You can set your cell phone on veide mode and aim at their little spot for about an hour and walk away. Come back and review video and see if you notice anything.
Yeah, I've seen mixed reports, but as you can see the YWG is still very young and small, and the TPS is fully grown and about 4 times his size.

Also the fact that I normally only see him at feeding, and he his now out of the cave and sitting alone on the sand, reinforces that idea.

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back