something on my lps

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I noticed some very small weird cone like things on my candy coral stalk and it seems tobe multiplying . can't get a pic its to small and my camera sux. I also noticed a couple on one of my echinophyllia the corals seem fine if anything they look better than ever. Any clues? Its kinda resembles how mushrooms grow on big trees best way I can think to explain. Had to use a magnifying glass to even get a good look enough to tell they are cone shaped.

NeedBiggerTank

MTRC Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are parasitic snails that are cone shaped. I think they are white and I know they are very small. But I don't remember what they eat. Maybe its just clams. I can't recall.

NeedBiggerTank

MTRC Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tunicates are narrow at the base where they are attached and wider at the top. They are harmess (as far as I am aware) and filter your water. They come is all shapes and colors.

NeedBiggerTank

MTRC Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bill says that is what I have gowing in my sump and on the shaded areas of glass. I'm a dope and thought they were sponges. Tiny little things - have hundreds of them. Wish they ate nitrates. LOL

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 87 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back