Somethings wiping out my fish, and it ain’t ich.

Hincapiej4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already told you how to do it silly pants....

"
Keep fighting man. If Nemo still has some strength, give him a freshwater dip, and get him in to QT fast. Is he eating?
I know it's counter inuitative, but I'd use water from the main tank, and a rock into the QT. Then, start medcating. It's ugly and not ideal, but it'll get both bacteria in and the fish out of the DT for medication. Then start doing daily water changes, with MICROBACTER7 after each water change.

Do this quickly, and you may have a chance. As long as he has some strength at least. "

OP
OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already told you how to do it silly pants....

"
Keep fighting man. If Nemo still has some strength, give him a freshwater dip, and get him in to QT fast. Is he eating?
I know it's counter inuitative, but I'd use water from the main tank, and a rock into the QT. Then, start medcating. It's ugly and not ideal, but it'll get both bacteria in and the fish out of the DT for medication. Then start doing daily water changes, with MICROBACTER7 after each water change.

Do this quickly, and you may have a chance. As long as he has some strength at least. "
Unfortunately Nemo died this morning. The fact that it took two days between symptoms and death points to velvet. The firefish was infected a few weeks ago with velvet but managed to survive. I’m somewhat confident though not optimistic he’ll survive.

Hincapiej4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No you're not listening. Here lemme help.

" I know it's counter inuitative, but I'd use water from the main tank, and a rock into the QT. Then, start medcating. It's ugly and not ideal, but it'll get both bacteria in and the fish out of the DT for medication. Then start doing daily water changes, with MICROBACTER7 after each water change. "

OP
OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No you're not listening. Here lemme help.

" I know it's counter inuitative, but I'd use water from the main tank, and a rock into the QT. Then, start medcating. It's ugly and not ideal, but it'll get both bacteria in and the fish out of the DT for medication. Then start doing daily water changes, with MICROBACTER7 after each water change. "
No I’m planning that. Thanks, though...

OP
OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck man! Sorry about your fishies, but you got this! Glad we could help. :)
Thanks! As of this morning, the firefish is perfectly healthy, so that’s a nice sign. I’m glad I can hopefully save a fish.
I guess I’ll just start from square one after the fallow period. I suppose this is a learning experience for me to always QT new fish.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back