OP
WhitePanther93

WhitePanther93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t feel bad, I jumped the gun and bought Red Sea pro test kits at the lfs. About 5 minutes later I ordered Hanna checker and reagents, hr nitrate and lr phosphate. Oh and salinity tester and calibration solution as well as a couple other small things. I gotta get off the Amazon app, prime is handy but dangerous. Lol
Lol I feel the same way about the wwc live sales. Also I love the high range nitrates checker. How do you feel about it?

OP
OP
WhitePanther93

WhitePanther93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may need to add more stages, I strongly recommend a 7 stage. Your saltwater will only be as good as your rodi water so I strongly advise everyone to not skimp and cheap out on rodi. People say a 4 stage is good enough but really more people need more stages then don’t, with a seven stage your media will last longer and won’t need changed as much and it’s pretty easy to upgrade and add stages. Do you know your TDS out of the Tap and TDS of finished rodi? Because even 1 tds is too much in finished water and can lead to higher po4. Your high po4 has to be coming from somewhere
Do they sell upgrade kits? Or would I have to buy an entirely new kit?

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is what you would need

BaghdadBean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t feel bad, I jumped the gun and bought Red Sea pro test kits at the lfs. About 5 minutes later I ordered Hanna checker and reagents, hr nitrate and lr phosphate. Oh and salinity tester and calibration solution as well as a couple other small things. I gotta get off the Amazon app, prime is handy but dangerous. Lol
At least you can double check your test results!

OP
OP
WhitePanther93

WhitePanther93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what you would need
Recently I got an email from brs about it being time to change my sediment and carbon filters. Any recommendations on which ones to get?

Last edited:

BaghdadBean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently I got an email from brs about it being time to change my sediment and carbon filters. Any recommendations on which ones to get?
If you’re near an agricultural area, you can usually take a water sample from your tap to your county extension office and get a water quality test run on it. Then you can tune your RO/DI to match that result, so that you’re not dumping money onto things you don’t need. For example, we sent our water in for testing and found out we have higher than normal arsenic amounts, just barely under the EPA not for potable water limits. We run an extra resin canister to handle it, and I’m putting on the double membrane kit to address water loss since we’re on a tight water system here (well, not city.). If you are in an urban area, you can get a water quality report from your muni, but it still doesn’t address things that happen between the water plant and your house.

OP
OP
WhitePanther93

WhitePanther93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After installing a media reactor with some gfo in it, and letting it sit for a day or 2 I’m now reading .06 with my Hanna checker.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back