Sorry I'm a bit late, but this forum has been amazing!

Mhart032

Stick Head
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
source.gif

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun!!!
pics!!...we all love pics!!!!

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I should have made this thread when I joined a month ago, but man the first month of owning an aquarium is stressful. Oh, and if you didn't know, there's this virus going around that's throwing everyone for a loop.

Anyways, I've always considered myself a "hobby-addict". I have my own woodworking shop; albeit one that's currently collecting dust (pun intended). I also work with computers (building and selling), freelance in graphic design and carpentry, and restoring antique firearms. I've had aquariums in the past, but its probably been a good 20 years without one.

Oddly enough jumping back into aquariums was purely accidental. It was after the holidays and I hadn't spent my allotted "Christmas budget" yet; I don't have room for anymore woodworking tools, and I was driving around during my lunch hour just thinking about what I could do. I stumbled upon a local fish store (I'm still learning all the abbreviations) and walked out with a Fluval Flex 32.5 saltwater aquarium. In retrospect I should have gone bigger, but I figured this size tank would upset my wife the least. If I came home with a 100 gallon tank with a sump I'd probably still be sleeping in the workshop.

I spent about a month overbuilding a cabinet to place the tank on. There wasn't a chance in hell I would allow anything made from MDF in my house, no offense to those with premade cabinets. During that time I researched everything that I could on reef2reef. You guys are amazing! I've had my tank now for almost two months. I have two clown fish that have tons of personality, a few corals (my neon hammer currently being my favorite), several snails, a few hermit crabs, and one scarlet hermit crab who keeps getting in trouble. I briefly had an emerald crab but he was extra crabby with my corals.

Anyways, I look forward to spending way too many of my work hours browsing this forum!
Hi Andy in Atlanta! I am Elaine in Nashville! I am just now setting up a 29 gallon and can't get the water not cloudy. Do you have any advice for the first month since you mention it being stressful?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back