0   0   0
download.jpg

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone's response in welcoming me has been as overwhelming as trying to understand reefing. I'm just not sure if everyone is always this friendly:cool:, or maybe a little lonely.:rolleyes:
Clifford the Big Red Dog sorta inspires a congenial response.. lol.
Everyone really is quite friendly, for real. You have to be willfully ignorant or incredibly irresponsible with your livestock to get any other response.

dutch27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
120 is great for the 24" front to back, but when I had mine I wasn't a fan of th 24" height. That height made it difficult to reach the back parts of the tank FWIW. IMO I'd stick to 18" tall tanks. You'll get mixed reviews, but Glass Cages has a 100g rimless that's 48x30x16, and a regular tank marked as 95g that's 48x24x17. Both have great footprints, shallow enough to reach everything, and shallower also means you don't need as much power from your lights to hit corals at the bottom.

OP
OP
farmhand

farmhand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
120 is great for the 24" front to back, but when I had mine I wasn't a fan of th 24" height. That height made it difficult to reach the back parts of the tank FWIW. IMO I'd stick to 18" tall tanks. You'll get mixed reviews, but Glass Cages has a 100g rimless that's 48x30x16, and a regular tank marked as 95g that's 48x24x17. Both have great footprints, shallow enough to reach everything, and shallower also means you don't need as much power from your lights to hit corals at the bottom.
Last Friday at the Reef shop, I told the owner I didn’t want a 24” deep tank as it would be too difficult to work in. However, every
where I turn, Reefer’s tell me it’s no problem. So I started thinking maybe I just need to mount the lights so they are not in the way. I’m 6’ with long arms, but getting older so...

hotdrop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last Friday at the Reef shop, I told the owner I didn’t want a 24” deep tank as it would be too difficult to work in. However, every
where I turn, Reefer’s tell me it’s no problem. So I started thinking maybe I just need to mount the lights so they are not in the way. I’m 6’ with long arms, but getting older so...
Shallower is better unless you really like the deep tank look. 16-18 is the sweet spot imo. 12 is great for frags but not great for fish.

Streetdoc77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had 18 inch 24 inch and 30 inch deep tanks and 24 deep seems to be the sweet spot for me :cool:

hotdrop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How tall are you? I know you everyone has a different opinion on it and depth.
5’10 with Slightly longer arms, I can just bare reach the bottom of a 18” tank middle definitely can’t reach the far side

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back