Southern Md Marine

SWAGuru

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reef2Reef
As a new hobbyist I found a lot of help ande support on this forum. One person in particular, Ron Reefman, suggested I should try and locate a local club and this was a great suggestion. I found SMMAS through a Google search and discovered that there were other very experienced hobbyist in my neighborhood and others close by. The club has monthly meetings, events, and local stores that sponsor the club. The club has also done special tanks for a couple of local schools to help the kids understand our reef ecosystem and the importance of protecting it. We have an event at the end of September that will include the opportunity to get some frags or equipment for sale at a great price or as a swap. A couple of members have recently gotten tips to help them with livestock that have babies on the way. It's a great group, come check it out, especially before the next event!

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!! Glad you found some kin folk! ;)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R!

We appreciate your membership!

Thanks for joining and please make sure and post often!

19-1.gif

FriendFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rather pay a little more and get good service/product than get a good dose of LFS nastiness. The LFS closest to me ripped me off when I was first starting out, over charging on everything and then selling me the wrong thing products telling me that they were the same thing. They sold me fresh water instead of SW one time which created a "situation" I would have rather not dealt with. Over all though I would say everything was for the better. Forced me to learn quicker. I'm going here though for my next coral purchase
www.pacificeastaquaculture.com/
Any of you been there?

saltydad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congressional is farther from me, and I use Tropical Lagoon in Silver Spring. Good prices, fish are healthy, tanks clean. Excellent owner if you're looking for someone who really knows this business. I've been in it for years, so I know. Not a pretty place, b
ut go for the freshwater, marine and reps.

AQUAMAN21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been going to congressional since i was a kid and never had issues with there fish or coral. Also i've been going to Aquarium one for the last 2 years and had good success with them too.

Dragonreef202

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been to Congressional nice store. Aquarium one has moved to Frederick. I have been looking into some Va stores to see what they might offer.

OutsideBrian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is congressional?
There is a store in Herndon VA, anyone know anything about them

dznn4ever

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, my wife and I are trying to register and become members to SMMAS however every time I click on "register" a new window opens and it says "Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator." :neutral: Am I missing something?

Squishie89

Glub Glub
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, my wife and I are trying to register and become members to SMMAS however every time I click on "register" a new window opens and it says "Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator." :neutral: Am I missing something?

I believe they were dealing with a lot of spam so you need to e-mail them to register.

Xingu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, on the home page for the website it lists an email that you use. Takes a day or so to get activated, but cuts the spam way down.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back