Sow me FTS of your AI Sunpower Mounting Solutions

ReefGeezer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
getting ready to order a 6X 54W ATI Sunpower Fixture. I'm interested to see how y'all have mounted your. Thanks in advance for the help.

OP
OP
ReefGeezer

ReefGeezer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the bump. I'm picking up a fixture tomorrow. It has a hanging kit, but I don't know if I want to go in that direction. I don't like the idea of the cord just sticking out & the spouse isn't thrilled about putting holes in the ceiling. Something like a floating shelf (yea, holes in the wall are slightly more acceptable for the aforementioned spouse) or better yet, some brackets that let the fixture be supported by the tank rim would be better.

Whasmack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hang mine from the hanging kit to T-Slot. It's in the garage, so I'm allowed to not care how pretty it is.

OP
OP
ReefGeezer

ReefGeezer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hang mine from the hanging kit to T-Slot. It's in the garage, so I'm allowed to not care how pretty it is.
I have to care or me & the tank might end up in the garage! Not so bad. I could sit in the boat & watch the tank. Gets kinda hot & cold in Kansas though. That would limit the fun. Really though, I just don't care for the hanging look. I'd like something cleaner with less wires and fasteners showing.

OP
OP
ReefGeezer

ReefGeezer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I my Sunpower fixture installed. I created a 3 sided wrap from the old canopy top and installed the fixture on brackets I installed in the canopy's old support chassis. I made the brackets wide enough that the fixture won't fall through even if it gets shifted all the way to one side. The lights are about 8" off the water's surface. They run about 45 Degrees C. Here's a couple pics...
ATI Install 1.jpg
ATI Install 2.jpg

Hausser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used those shelf brackets screwed into studs in wall.

4CB11D0B-ADD5-40B7-9CED-85BD66CE6642.jpeg 8966712C-8EEB-48B9-A568-836E43D2B945.jpeg

OP
OP
ReefGeezer

ReefGeezer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used those shelf brackets screwed into studs in wall.

Thought about doing that, but I just didn't want to see suspension wires in of any kind. I didn't remove the hanger wires from the top on the unit. I can still hang the fixture if this doesn't work out. The whole mounting project cost less than $30 so I won't be out much.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 37 82.2%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.4%
Back