Species Spotlight: Pseudocheilinops ataenia – The Pink-Streaked Wrasse

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a bristle worm explosion here recently... as in probably over a 100 worms free swimming and on the glass once lights out. I was bout to just go 6-line but this looks like an attractive alternative.

This is a MUCH BETTER tank mate than a 6 line.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up going with a yellow corris wrasse. No more worms, or pods, or anything he can fit in his mouth really. Thankfully corals, snails, and shrimp are safe so far.

The Yellow Wrasse is also a great choice. You will be much happier with it than the 6 line.

U

User1

View Badges
Good article. Also a good choice if one does not want to go the route of a Six Line. I personally have never had a issue with the Six Lines but I can see how some do. The Pink Streaked is a good alternative with similar foraging habits and behavior although better tempered.

Wonder if these guys/gals have a history of eating spaghetti worms or at least keep them in check.

Icylder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow... Here I was thinking I'd never be able to have wrasse in my IM 20 :eek:

I know wrasse are sensitive to medication/quarantine procedures. Are these fish extra sensitive because they are smaller? What's been your experience with them?

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know wrasse are sensitive to medication/quarantine procedures. Are these fish extra sensitive because they are smaller? What's been your experience with them?
Not really. Just pay extra attention to instructions - they'll definitely be more sensitive to an overdose.

dhof

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow... Here I was thinking I'd never be able to have wrasse in my IM 20 :eek:

I just added a pink streaked wrasse to my DT. He had no issues at all tolerating quarantine with CP. Wrasse are one of those where CP is iffy, but I think this family of wrasse is one that is CP safe (by my limited research). Incidentally I had other fish in this Qt and I needed to dose trifecta so the PSW tolerated that as well.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back