Spider Like Amphipod?

nelia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I've had these critters crawling around on the glass in my aquarium for some time but they recently exploded in population (not sure what triggered it). I've always assumed they were a type of amphipod, but I have no idea what type they are. Does anyone have a specific answer?

Some images are attached below

Creature.jpg Creature2.jpg Creature3.jpg

OP
OP
N

nelia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I have the impression that they are harmless as well, other than walking around polyps and causing them to close.

Not a fishless system, but fish light (it's a 5-gallon). My yellow clown goby doesn't seem at all interested in munching on them

Upvote 0

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah, I have the impression that they are harmless as well, other than walking around polyps and causing them to close.

Not a fishless system, but fish light (it's a 5-gallon). My yellow clown goby doesn't seem at all interested in munching on them
I had tons of pods when my 5 gallon was fishless and when it only had one fish.

Upvote 0

kjkszpj9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are just munnid isopods, harmless pods that eat algae i have a bunch of them in my 13.5gallon tank

Upvote 0

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back