Spidey's Red Sea 3XL 900 build

ID-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great build. Just ordered a 900 today along with lights, skimmer, Neptune apex systems, reef dry rock etc. etc. etc. Really like how you organized your electronics and dos with the drawers. Im still trying to decide how to handle my fresh water top off and what to do with the smaller split sump. Appears it can be used for the ATO or as you are doing a refugium and/or frag tank with apparently added flow. Hmmm... anyway thanks for the thread. Look forward to watching progress.

Pistol Peet

Reefing , family ,God, country.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very very nice. To see a little more often on this thread or within this community whatever you prefer but everything you just showed is looking amazing congratulations and wish you the best with your reefing

OP
OP
Spiderwoman

Spiderwoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build. Just ordered a 900 today along with lights, skimmer, Neptune apex systems, reef dry rock etc. etc. etc. Really like how you organized your electronics and dos with the drawers. Im still trying to decide how to handle my fresh water top off and what to do with the smaller split sump. Appears it can be used for the ATO or as you are doing a refugium and/or frag tank with apparently added flow. Hmmm... anyway thanks for the thread. Look forward to watching progress.

Thank you :) I look forward to seeing your build. For us the refugium was the logical solution and it's kept the nitrates and phosphates barely detectable in the tank. It's also the perfect place to hide a media reactor and the UV sterilizer.

OP
OP
Spiderwoman

Spiderwoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very very nice. To see a little more often on this thread or within this community whatever you prefer but everything you just showed is looking amazing congratulations and wish you the best with your reefing

Thank you :) I'll try to be more active and post more. It's so easy to just read other people's posts and stuff than up my own thread :D

OP
OP
Spiderwoman

Spiderwoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you have two DOS pumps. Assuming one is for auto water change. How loud have they been? Is it noticeable? Annoying?
I have 2 units and only 2 of dosing ports are in use: alkalinity and calcium, the others are for magnesium and the other originally for NoPox but am not using that. I may put Red Sea AB+ on that dosing bottle.

OP
OP
Spiderwoman

Spiderwoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance you can post a picture of how it is installed? Thanks!
It's fed with a Sicce 5 pump (also the media reactor and UV sterilizer is fed by the same pump)

94116929_10221408979235169_2449074529243234304_n.jpg
93515949_10221408980075190_2842470022905856000_n.jpg

OP
OP
Spiderwoman

Spiderwoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much new to report other than currently running the tank without the Clarisea SK-5000 roller mat. The motor gave up and hoping to get a new one for it under warranty. It hasn't been operating since the end of September. To my surprise, I haven't seen any adverse effects from it.

The refugium is performing beautifully, chaeto can be harvested every 2-3 weeks, and it's keeping the nitrates and phosphates at 0.

Trident is being a pain in the butt, won't keep calibration and we finally calibrated it to the tested numbers instead of to the calibration fluid. We shall see if the calibration sticks.

Lighting is being reconfigured. The PAR readings from the ReefLED 90's were nothing exciting and for a deep tank like the 900 is, it's just not enough. We're having a floating canopy built to house the ReefLED's AND adding 3x Radion XR15 Pro Gen 5's into the mix, one between each ReefLED. We might be getting it this coming week, fingers crossed.
Here's a sample of what it will look like, but in black to match the tank.

IMG_3733.JPG

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back