Spionid worms

Hennie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening fellow reefers...

I've got what seems to be spionid worms in my tank.

They have over a period of about 12 months mulitplied to the point where they are everywhere.

I am looking for a nutural predator to keep them to a point where they do not bother my zoas and blue clove polyps.

The only information I am able to find regarding a predator for these guys is either a coral banded shrimp and possibly a copperband butterly fish.

Are there any other fish or scavengers that will munch on them?

The image is not from my tank as my lights are currently off. The image is off the net, however, these are the citters.

Tank you in advance...

Display Tank is 70 gallons...

IMG-20200114-WA0033.jpg

OP
OP
H

Hennie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spionid worms are harmless and are a good part of biodiversity. It's vermetid you want to watch out for.

I am aware they are not bad, however they are bothering my zoas, they do not open fully since those tenticles bother them.

I dont mind having them, just want something to bring their numbers down ASAP...

Jaden9933

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am aware they are not bad, however they are bothering my zoas, they do not open fully since those tenticles bother them.

I dont mind having them, just want something to bring their numbers down ASAP...
Ever find a solution? I have these ugly little things poking out of my torches skeleton and they’re not the nicest to look at

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back