Spiral Growth on side of Hammer

Benreefnz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea what this might be? Feels kind of like cartilage.... Firm bit flexible. Doesn't retract with touch or movement.
received_251866136488267.jpeg

7akata

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also known as Scroll Algae.
Wow, I just googled that as it was my first time hearing about it. It also has different color variants, like blue/mother of pearl-ish. Very cool!

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So found out on a Facebook group it's Padina.... Also known as Scroll Algae. Not much info on it, but seems to be wanted in aquariums ‍♂️
You can frag that off of the coral and place it on a different frag if you want too. Or set it in a low flow place to allow it to settle on to a rock. Otherwise they will compete for space. The scroll algae will shadow the coral starving it from light.

OP
OP
Benreefnz

Benreefnz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can frag that off of the coral and place it on a different frag if you want too. Or set it in a low flow place to allow it to settle on to a rock. Otherwise they will compete for space. The scroll algae will shadow the coral starving it from light.
Yea am thinking to put it in my refugium.... Apparently its normally found in the shallows where they get strong lighting which makes it probably ideal for the fuge

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 65 85.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back