Spirulina Brine - is it what it claims to be?

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's everyone's thoughts on spirulina Brine? Do you think it really delivers the benefits of spirulina to fish?

After I let this food defrost, once added to the tank it looks like regular brine shrimp in the water. Almost as if the spirulina was held within the frozen water of the cube and not the shrimp.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazon cheap Microscope time/ gut analysis

So tired of seeing dinos evals do a shrimp from this group let's see if chlorophyll in the gut

OP
OP
RMS18

RMS18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazon cheap Microscope time/ gut analysis

So tired of seeing dinos evals do a shrimp from this group let's see if chlorophyll in the gut
Haha agreed on the dinos... I do have a scope but not sure what to look for. I think you'll be the best person to spearhead this, hint hint.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thaw out one of those spirulina brine and rinse away its holding water really well so there's just one thawed brine shrimp to look at, then use two sewing needles to poke and prod his guts into picture lol yep on the scope and slide. on my old highschool microscope I have here, any smartphone can be used to take a pic and upload. you just hover the phone's cam luckily in a certain way over the objective super close and after messing with it a bit you'll see how to angle it for a perfect capture, here's one we did a month ago using a very very old microscope that barely even works

20210729_190648.jpg

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's see if any clear cells may be in the digestive tract of the shrimp, if we get lucky maybe some green cells or strands will show

OP
OP
RMS18

RMS18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thaw out one of those spirulina brine and rinse away its holding water really well so there's just one thawed brine shrimp to look at, then use two sewing needles to poke and prod his guts into picture lol yep on the scope and slide. on my old highschool microscope I have here, any smartphone can be used to take a pic and upload. you just hover the phone's cam luckily in a certain way over the objective super close and after messing with it a bit you'll see how to angle it for a perfect capture, here's one we did a month ago using a very very old microscope that barely even works

20210729_190648.jpg
Ok will do, I'll do it later tonight and post some pictures.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back