Splendid Leopard wrasse...night dweller?

jayg4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I Ordered a splendid leopard wrasse about a week and half ago, and it seems to only come out at night. I usual dont night feed but i have been trying to see if she will eat...(mysis shimp) and she never does. She looks really healthy though, and seem to stay on one side of the tank. Im guessing she is hunting pods with the mandarin at night. It is kind of concerning to me that she only comes out at night...I have three other wrasse in the tank(yellow coris,and melanus and mystery) so maybe she is ducking them...any takers on why?:eek:oh:

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been told that some leopards have trouble adjusting to our light cycles. You may want to keep the lights out for a day, 2 at most, and hopefully she resets her clock. Just my .02 cents

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I generally alter my lighting cycle when acclimating a new leopard. Their night cycle is our day cycle, so until they adjust, they come out to hunt and can't see, so go back to bed and starve. Keep track of when you see her out and give her a few more hours of some form of lighting. Eventually, she should adjust and get back on schedule with your normal routine. Once they acclimate, they can be fairly hardy. I love leopards.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back