Split 20 gallon Nuvo tank for a quarantine tank

kkircher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I am really building my first large aquarium and researching my quarantine. I originally was going to just use a standard 20gallon tank but found this split 20 gallon. Thinking I may want to quarantine separately what is the general feeling on 10gallon tank for a quarantine? Has anyone had any experience using this guy?

mann1139

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool concept... but that price.

QT size depends on the size of the fish you plan to QT. My biggest tank is a 60g, and my QT is a 10g.

If I get a bigger DT, I will probably upgrade my QT to match. The bigger fish just trash a 10g too quickly to keep up with the WC, plus the lack of swimming room.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank came out last year I think and was only $220 for awhile. I almost grabbed one but went a different direction.

Edit - found the thread

OP
OP
kkircher

kkircher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool concept... but that price.

QT size depends on the size of the fish you plan to QT. My biggest tank is a 60g, and my QT is a 10g.

If I get a bigger DT, I will probably upgrade my QT to match. The bigger fish just trash a 10g too quickly to keep up with the WC, plus the lack of swimming room.
I am concerned with the size as well. My DT will be just under 200g so I have the room for larger fish just haven’t decided how large I will be starting with.
Thanks for the info. Gives me some more to think about.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back