Spot on Blue Hippo Tang

tonydig11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon all. I have a Blue hippo and Yellow tang in QT. They have been at 2.50 copper since 12/25. Being that they hid the first few weeks I was not able to see them closely until the past few days. They have been eating like pigs( Nori and frozen)They just hid when I got close. Today I noticed a spot on the hippo. Something to worry about? Could it be from the Yellows tail barb? Once Copper is done I plan to run General Cure. As stated he eats like a pig all day and has the belly to prove it.

0CCCFE03-AE77-473D-B0D9-7F7A60EC714B.jpeg 6B52F46C-367B-4E6A-B50D-909954AC8A6D.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tough to see, but seems like the right spot to get whacked by the YT in a tail slapping fight! Sounds like you are going the right direction with the QT process, just remember to increase the aeration when dosing the General cure, and you'll need to dose that twice, about 7 days apart.

Jay

OP
OP
T

tonydig11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tough to see, but seems like the right spot to get whacked by the YT in a tail slapping fight! Sounds like you are going the right direction with the QT process, just remember to increase the aeration when dosing the General cure, and you'll need to dose that twice, about 7 days apart.

Jay
Thank you for the reply. Yes, I know to dose again after 48 hrs. He is acting fine and I see the yellow is going to be a dick.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back